GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I test drove a 2012 Cyber Gray Volt today. Awesome! MSRP was 45,945.00 and after ngotiating and discounts, the final price is $42,767.00. Fully loaded with the Premium package, dark leather seats with light accents and Navigation. Is that a good price? Even comes with that rear center console bag thing. Let me know. Suppose to let them know tomorrow if I am going to take it.

If I don't get this, I think I'll wait for a 2013 model. But the .9% financing is very attractive right now. I look forward to being gas free for the most part. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
That a great price, Stringray is about 1K less, but shipping or fly in and drive home will be most of that savings

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is that price out the door? When we negotiated we wanted to get the whole price out the door (taxes,license,destination fee,etc) we also negotiated the level 2 charger in the deal (worth $500) something to think about as well.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, that is not the out the door price. Doesn't include MD 6% sales tax of $2,566 (but I only have to pay $566 of that because MD instantly rebates $2,000), Doc fees of $200, Tag & Title of 324. Total would be an additional $1,090.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What dealer are you dealing with? I just picked up my Volt from Criswell in Gaithersburg, I dealt with Stephan. He actually owns a Volt also! He was great to deal with and even went way over any beyond to take care of me. On top of that I got a great deal too!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What dealer are you dealing with? I just picked up my Volt from Criswell in Gaithersburg, I dealt with Stephan. He actually owns a Volt also! He was great to deal with and even went way over any beyond to take care of me. On top of that I got a great deal too!
Yes, I met him there too. Great guy! Unfortunately, they sold the Cyber Gray Premium they had so I found one at another dealer closer to my work who beat their Internet price. anyway. I'd like to hear what Volt you bought (maybe you bought the one I wanted, LOL) and your price (before taxes, tags, fees) if you are willing. Send me a private message if you prefer. Maybe I will pass you on the road some day. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
The question of whether to get a 2012 MY or 2013 MY is interesting. Not huge differences in the cars but, if you're buying, which you seem to be, if you resell in a few years the difference of one MY will make a difference in the price. If you're keeping it for a longer period or leasing it then I'd go for the 2012 MY assuming it was cheaper, which it will probably be.

Your price is good BTW and the .9% financing is attractive.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
No, that is not the out the door price. Doesn't include MD 6% sales tax of $2,566 (but I only have to pay $566 of that because MD instantly rebates $2,000), Doc fees of $200, Tag & Title of 324. Total would be an additional $1,090.
When I bought mine in November the MD. sales tax rebate was not instant it took about 60 days so you better check on that. Also there are still dealers in the area offerring 0% interest for 72 months, JBA for one was in the Sunday Sun paper and had what appeared to be a loaded Blue Topaz for almost $4000.00 off MSRP.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I picked up the Viridian Joule they had there. It was a 46,2xx sticker and I picked it up for less than the price you quoted. I'll PM you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have been reading a number of the price threads for some weeks now, and it appears I got a smoking deal for my 2012 premium with Bose, leather, back up camera, and polished wheels for $39,975 plus taxes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW! Awesome price. I should buy in Minnesota and have it shipped....Probaly eat up the savings though in shipping costs. You should be very happy with the price you paid on top of all the gas savings! Congrats!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts