GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Senate tax reform plan keeps the EV Tax credit in place! That's good news! If the tax credit goes away in January, combined Volt/Bolt sales will tank for sure....probably less than 1000 per month for both. I have a 2018 ordered but I will not be taking it unless the tax credit is in place.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
My sense was that with two Republican senators from Tennessee (Nissan with the Leaf) and two from South Carolina (with BMW and its PHEVs), repealing the tax credit was always going to be politically difficult.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
No one knows. The House bill removed the EV tax credit but the Senate bill left the credit in the tax code bill. We will have to wait and see.
Don't get frustrated trying to get that thought to penetrate. Fear is more popular.

A nice compromise might be to keep it as-is for models still in production. Who knows, Mary might make more Bolts?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Don't get frustrated trying to get that thought to penetrate. Fear is more popular.

A nice compromise might be to keep it as-is for models still in production. Who knows, Mary might make more Bolts?
You can be sure the final outcome will have nothing to do with logic or economics, and everything to do with getting votes for a final package.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Eh Republicans have failed to pass anything thus far. I don't really expect them to pass either of these bills by year end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts