GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The longer GM pokes around the fewer HOV sticker Gen2 Volts there will be. Should keep the resale value up when the My17 makes its way early 2016. Does anyone have a "credible estimate" on the remaining HOV stickers in CA? The http://www.arb.ca.gov is usually behind and under reported. How about anyone with a recently issued sticker? What is the highest # we can find on here??

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
This has been discussed several times...Takeaways, there are roughly 10K stickers left, "burn rate" is 2000/mo...There's ton of new plugins, including luxury SUVs, where it's speculated that many will buy not to be green or save money but rather to have a sticker and a performance ICE...

High odds a higher sticker cap will be increased; we all hope sooner than later...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's been discussed however My Prius had a sticker number of 32k+ and the website was still reported lower figures well after I received my sticker. It did not catch up tell the second update after I got my stickers. This is why I am curious if someone has more accurate info. Again, website reports lower than actual stickers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's not a credible threat for anyone looking to purchase a 2016 Volt this year. Getting into Jan/Feb might be a bit closer though depending on how winter sales numbers pan out (the impact of other EVs hitting the market is being over exaggerated on these forums). Recent global economic pressures will also have a negative impact on sales volumes. I would estimate that we'll run out of stickers around Super Bowl time next year.

·
Registered
435 Posts
What happens with your current HOV sticker when you sell that car? Currently I have the HOV stickers for both my Volt and Spark EV, when I get the Bolt will I have to reapply, or will the stickers transfer over to the new car?
Thanks,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sticker stays with car. Can't transfer it to a new car. So your next volt may not be able to get it if they run out of green stickers.
I don't think they can just keep increasing the limit since these carpool lanes are now getting more congested with these stickers.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
What happens with your current HOV sticker when you sell that car? Currently I have the HOV stickers for both my Volt and Spark EV, when I get the Bolt will I have to reapply, or will the stickers transfer over to the new car?
Thanks,
Bolts will get white stickers. No limit on those as of yet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Stupid question from someone not in California: What is so special about green or white stickers? Lower taxes or something?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Stupid question from someone not in California: What is so special about green or white stickers? Lower taxes or something?
HOV stickers get you HOV access with only one occupant. There are also some tollways around LA that are free for these stickers, as well. Once you get it for the car, it will always have it until they expire with the white ones in 2019.

·
Registered
488 Posts
HOV mean High Occupancy Vehicle ... a lane where you have to have 2 or 3 people in your car to use it.. Having a sticker removes the occupnacy requirement for that car.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
The longer GM pokes around the fewer HOV sticker Gen2 Volts there will be. Should keep the resale value up when the My17 makes its way early 2016. Does anyone have a "credible estimate" on the remaining HOV stickers in CA? The http://www.arb.ca.gov is usually behind and under reported. How about anyone with a recently issued sticker? What is the highest # we can find on here??
Not to worry...CA will probably shift it's take on highways and follow Florida in the near future...TOLL LANES!!...:rolleyes:
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article2198345.html

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Not to worry...CA will probably shift it's take on highways and follow Florida in the near future...TOLL LANES!!...:rolleyes:
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article2198345.html
Many Cali Highways that already have it and many county's who want this for a revenue stream yet with many major L.A. highways, adding more lane it too expensive and with the traffic, taking a lane or two offline while converting them to a high speed lane for a month would have a huge affect on traffic...

I really wonder about the future of autonomous driving which many claim will be out in 5-10 years...If you have a self driving car and can play on your phone or do work in your car, would you care about paying toll money to get somewhere 15mins sooner?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts