GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
How many Chevrolet Bolt EVs are in the CTF and how many of those are fully autonomous?

Opel is no longer owned by General Motors.

·
Administrator
19,974 Posts
Please show me the GM statement on the Bolt's profitability and I will take her more seriously.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Please show me the GM statement on the Bolt's profitability and I will take her more seriously.
As you may recall she's been a GM conspiracy theorist for years ("crushed the EV1s" is embedded in nearly every statement she makes on GM even though she wasn't even old enough to drive at the time)

Just more of the same anti-GM "echo chamber" as she used to expound near 8-years ago on the Volt and Ampera.
10 years ago she couldn't spell EV and now she's a self-proclaimed expert.
Nothing to see here... less than nothing
WOT

PS> Remember we ban trolls here and we punted her sorry ass (as well as Neil Cavuto , Mark Modica, and a few other crazies) almost 8 years ago.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I believe she is referring to an interview where a GM representative stated that GM "wasn't making money" on the the Bolt EV. A few Tesla-friendly media sites ran with the story, which devolved into GM's losing $9,000 on every Bolt EV and only being able to make up that difference due to ZEV credits.

Personally, I think this could just be a SNAFU and communication breakdown with Opel. Opel representatives have released incorrect information about the Ampera-E already (or at least information that contradicts official GM sources), so it stands to reason that they could be releasing incorrect information to their own customers. Their own statements are contradictory. They told Norwegian customers that they wouldn't be receiving their Bolt EVs until 2019. They then said that they are only receiving month-to-month delivery updates. So which is it?

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Neil Cavuto was on this site? And he was banned? Now that's hilarious. :D

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Shorter version of what I put up elsewhere:

InsideEVs said:
That’s why you shouldn’t ask like why, well, GM appears to be losing $10,000 a car on the Bolt. No, they’re not. They are making it up on CARB credits....... --Musk
http://insideevs.com/elon-musk-talks-carb-zev-credits/

I neither agree or disagree. I put it up for your amusement.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Regardless of what she is...I've never heard of her but the fact remains that the Bolt/Volt sales per what they are supposed to be is crap. If GM really wanted to sell these cars given their "brilliance" and how good they are and how unique they are, they could. They don't.

Most here seem to be a GM shills which is to be expected but that doesn't change the fact that the numbers don't like. If you want to deal with facts, let's if not, then close the thread.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Regardless of what she is...I've never heard of her but the fact remains that the Bolt/Volt sales per what they are supposed to be is crap. If GM really wanted to sell these cars given their "brilliance" and how good they are and how unique they are, they could. They don't.

Most here seem to be a GM shills which is to be expected but that doesn't change the fact that the numbers don't like. If you want to deal with facts, let's if not, then close the thread.
Can you articulate what Bolt EV and Volt sales "should" be? The current year-to-date plug-in sales numbers are the highest they've ever been, and the Volt is the top selling PHEV and the Bolt EV is the third best selling BEV so far. And it's still only available in a handful of states.

As for the "shills" comment. Sure, some people on this forum actually work for GM. However, for the most part, this forum is comprised of people who have actual experience with GM products. Many of us have lived through years of vitriol and attacks that aren't based in fact. WOT referenced Neil Cavuto, Mark Modica, and others who made these same spurious, anti-GM claims for years. The only thing that has changed is now those attacks are coming from other members of the EV community.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
As for the "shills" comment. Sure, some people on this forum actually work for GM. However, for the most part, this forum is comprised of people who have actual experience with GM products. Many of us have lived through years of vitriol and attacks that aren't based in fact. WOT referenced Neil Cavuto, Mark Modica, and others who made these same spurious, anti-GM claims for years. The only thing that has changed is now those attacks are coming from other members of the EV community.
Especially from a particular subset of the EV community.

And FWIW, the Bolt outsold both Tesla models in April. :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you articulate what Bolt EV and Volt sales "should" be? The current year-to-date plug-in sales numbers are the highest they've ever been, and the Volt is the top selling PHEV and the Bolt EV is the third best selling BEV so far. And it's still only available in a handful of states.

Sure. They should be on par with ICE cars. Easily...no excuse. Why shouldn't they be? Any reason you can think of??? If the Volt satisfies the needs of most American's commutes AND there is no range anxiety, what's the excuse for it not selling as well as a Cruze or regular Malibu or regular ICE GM car? Any reason?? Best selling PHEV means nothing when the numbers are so long and hardly anyone knows anything about it. Do you honestly think "Can it go on the highway?" is a legitimate question someone should ask about the Volt in 2017? Really??

If the Volt is the "best kept secret" GM and American car manufacturers have, what good is it to everyone???

If the Bolt was a phone, it'd be selling like hotcakes given the fact that it can do no other EV can do...with the range it has and all the other "accolades" it is supposed to demonstrate.

I don't care one iota about nick Cavuto, Mark Modica, etc...I'm talking logic here. Any car manufacturer with a ground breaking vehicle would be up to their eyeballs in trying to promote, sell, and market this tech. GM does nothing of the sort. There is absolutely no excuse for it other than what shills say....which is bordering on religious nutjob reasoning.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Especially from a particular subset of the EV community.

And FWIW, the Bolt outsold both Tesla models in April. :D
Volt did it by a wider margin and currently sits on top of the EV sales chart for this year.

I expected Tesla to be in the top slot. I wonder what happened to their ramped-up production. They've sold half in Q1 2017 that they sold in Q4 2016. Lack of sales or lack of production?
That's just it.
Despite what some allude, there are currently more GM plug-ins on North American roadways than ANY other electrified product.
But that's not good enough for some people, especially Tesla fanbois and other crazies
All we hear are shouts of "400,000 deposits!" and "but but the MEGAfactories!" lol
Whatever...
WOT

·
Super Moderator
6,221 Posts
That's just it.
Despite what some allude, there are currently more GM plug-ins on North American roadways than ANY other electrified product.
But that's not good enough for some people, especially Tesla fanbois and other crazies
All we hear are shouts of "400,000 deposits!" and "but but the MEGAfactories!" lol
Whatever...
WOT
But you have to acknowledge that they started way before others so they built up a count. I thought they would be over 3000 per month by now easily. They rarely break 2000 tho. There is a lot more competitors coming in the past year or two.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Yea? Such is the plug-in market - weak!
Why is that only GMs issue??

The model S wasn't that far behind. They are hardly breaking records either.

I realize the Model S is double-triple the price point but the Leaf and the Volt, 2 plug-in cars, built in NA, similarly priced, that commenced production at the same time.
Where is the Leaf with respect to NA sales??
Seriously Scott LOL
WOT

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Sure. They should be on par with ICE cars. Easily...no excuse. Why shouldn't they be? Any reason you can think of??? If the Volt satisfies the needs of most American's commutes AND there is no range anxiety, what's the excuse for it not selling as well as a Cruze or regular Malibu or regular ICE GM car? Any reason?? Best selling PHEV means nothing when the numbers are so long and hardly anyone knows anything about it. Do you honestly think "Can it go on the highway?" is a legitimate question someone should ask about the Volt in 2017? Really??

If the Volt is the "best kept secret" GM and American car manufacturers have, what good is it to everyone???

If the Bolt was a phone, it'd be selling like hotcakes given the fact that it can do no other EV can do...with the range it has and all the other "accolades" it is supposed to demonstrate.

I don't care one iota about nick Cavuto, Mark Modica, etc...I'm talking logic here. Any car manufacturer with a ground breaking vehicle would be up to their eyeballs in trying to promote, sell, and market this tech. GM does nothing of the sort. There is absolutely no excuse for it other than what shills say....which is bordering on religious nutjob reasoning.
I'll venture a guess why the slow rollout. Get the cars out there in limited numbers, carefully watch the service reports for any bugs so you can get them fixed before you roll it out world wide. Somin essence the first states are alpha or beta testers.

This makes more sense than your conspiracy theory. As for why every can sold isn't a volt or bolt, the demand for the volt just wasn't there for GM to make more than they made. It'S too early in the product cycle to know about the volt demand. Cars are not smartphones.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts