GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one, in one week i will take possession of my 2013 volt from illinois and bring it to alberta were i live. I would like to know if somebody bought a ext warranty gmpp in the usa and had a problem after when he want to use it in canada. I read this forum since a long time and i will finally be able to experience this marvel first hand with a road trip. 28 hours of pure driving.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi every one, in one week i will take possession of my 2013 volt from illinois and bring it to alberta were i live. I would like to know if somebody bought a ext warranty gmpp in the usa and had a problem after when he want to use it in canada. I read this forum since a long time and i will finally be able to experience this marvel first hand with a road trip. 28 hours of pure driving.:rolleyes:
Hi dmdcal -- Fellow Calgarian here. By now, you should be back in town with your new Volt from Illinois. I'd been meaning to reply before you left to pick it up. I also have been looking at those sweet deals stateside. But every local (Alberta) Chevy dealer I visit tells me that there will be no coverage in Canada during the manufacturer's base warranty period on new GM cars purchased in the U.S.. Apparently, the GMPP only (maybe) covers work required in Canada after the Canadian warranty (on a Canadian purchased car) period would have expired.

Curious to know how it worked out for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts