GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
20,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NBA star LeBron James to appear in Super Bowl ad on Feb. 2. The Hummer EV will be sold under the GMC brand.

The new Hummer model is expected to go on sale by late 2021 or early 2022 as part of the automaker’s pivot to all-electric vehicles, including at least 20 new vehicles globally by 2023.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/10/gm-buys-super-bowl-air-time-to-resurrect-an-all-electric-version-of-the-hummer-sources-say.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gm-to-revive-hummer-name-on-new-electric-pickup-model-11578686692

·
Administrator
20,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if it's going to look like the original hummers?
I'm expecting big and beefy to go against the CyberTruck which everyone will want to compare it too, but who knows? I think an EREV would make sense for a "go anywhere" truck, but that's doubtful.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My wish: 4WD version for around $60K with 400 mile range and 250 Kw charging.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
727 Posts
wow GM actually putting some suspense into it
good one, now this is fun
you can teach an old dog new tricks

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
461 Posts
Not in my backyard. I won't own an electric pickup until they are sold as simple work trucks and not expensive, overpowered boy toys.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Not in my backyard. I won't own an electric pickup until they are sold as simple work trucks and not expensive, overpowered boy toys.
I don't think it'll fit in my backyard.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You'll be waiting a while. There's no way to make money on cheap EVs without a quantum leap in battery tech. Won't know hummer pricing till the reveal but saw 90k. Ok if that's the supertruck version but starting at? Forget it.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
727 Posts
I don't know pricing
gut feeling is they are going to come out at the same or lower than current truck prices
don't quote me, just a feeling
I miss my truck, not the gas engine or fuel bills

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It's all a matter of perspective. I know a guy that spent $260,000 (CDN) on his new Acura NSX. This will seem like a cheap work truck.

·
Administrator
20,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 50 Posts