GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
2050 is a long time. Why not do it now? At least go to 50% by the end of 2018 is highly doable with today's technologies that are affordable and can easily pay-off.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2050 is a long time. Why not do it now? At least go to 50% by the end of 2018 is highly doable with today's technologies that are affordable and can easily pay-off.
The article doesn't give current or near-term percentages, but they have lots of current initiatives and results with wind and solar. They also mention methane from landfills, which I don't exactly think of as a "renewable". But I agree, setting an objective over 30 years away seems like an extreme case of "under promise".

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
As my friend would say "This is a typical example of feet dragging towards renewable energy!"

It might sound good on PR, but if you use your brain to think, GM has become very lazy that they will be left behind in getting 100% of their energy from renewables. Any projection beyond 5 years is bogus and you can almost say anything for PR only, and that is a very kind statement. By 2050? What a baloney!

GM has the resources to get 100% of their energy needs from renewables in just over a couple of years and such investments will pay off in 5 years or less as they have economies of scale. But there's no will power. They don't want to lift a finger, and so made an effortless goal where they will be left behind even by Saudi Arabia. This is an irony and I'm not proud of GM's renewable energy goal with 2050 milestone. They can do a lot better and they should!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts