GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

My name is Lon, and I am the new social media admin for GM-Volt.com.

Over the next few weeks I will be tweaking a few forum templates (if needed) so they offer connections to the most popular social media services.

Specifically Facebook, Twitter and Google. You'll soon see the familiar badges with links leading to our forum social media pages. Simply linking away is rarely enough. Therefore I will also regularly update these pages so our social media efforts work in tandem with the forum.

Unlike traditional forum members, my position does not afforded me any anonymity. My forum username will always be Lon or Lonv where available. My Avatar, my signature, and my message will always be consistent regardless on what forum I visit.

I've been working online since 1993, first as a Usenet Admin. Later I operated my own Wildcat bulletin board system, which then lead me into website programming. I'm a lightweight programmer and designer. I was raised in the south, taught to respect my elders, and protect those who cannot protect themselves. I survived Hurricane Andrew, which wiped out a good part of Dade county Florida. In 2003 with more than 100 of my forum members present, I was married on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California.

Through it all I'm still an automotive enthusiast, pug lover, science fiction fan, and home theater connoisseur. I sometimes swap my interests around a bit. I'm very much looking forward to having a wonderful time here.

Always my best, :cool:

Lon @lonvennard

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Welcome Lon. When you buying a Volt?

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
So, does this mean you'll be adding some javascript-based widgets for social media icons/links Lon? Something else?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have my Volt yet, waiting for the market area to include Puerto Rico, since I can't buy and drive across the Atlantic Ocean.

Although I am not a fan of social networks, I am an EE and a computer user since 1972, working with IBM mainframes first, then with Data General minicomputers in 1975, and with the IBM PC since 1981. I have belonged to BBS dial-in systems since 1977, and I worked with local area networks since 1985 using an IBM PC/AT as a server. Then in 1996 I was one of the founders of our own ISP, and still use one of the first email addresses we have. My experiences with computers and networks (I presently manage many Unix and Windows servers at work) is long and vast, but I consider all of this as fun and a continuous learning experience.

Oh, I almost forgot! I am a General Motors fan since 1962 when I learned how to wash a car, being the first one my uncle's 1954 Chevy Bel-air. I have driven GM vehicles since 1969, and owned them since I bought my 1975 Chevy Vega Kammback wagon. Presently I have a 1995 Buick Regal and a 2009 Chevy Equinox, and both have given me excellent service. Now I want the next generation of EV or hybrids, and I am saving for the Chevy Volt or the Buick LaCrosse with eAssist to replace my Regal.

So, welcome again!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hello Lon, Welcome and thanks for the information about who you are and what you are going to do for this forum.God bless you and yours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts