1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
720 Posts
weird.... I don't know if I hate it.. but I don't love it...

·
Registered
667 Posts
If GM was going to change the catch phrase......it was a perfect time to engage the customer base and get free exposure

GM..the customer is part of the team...

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Find new roads implies drive more miles which implies be less green and burn more oil.

·
Administrator
20,888 Posts
Meh. But let's see what they can do with it in the ads.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Or does it suggest finding new ways of doing things like EREV's like the Volt or BEV's like the upcoming Spark?
How I see it, 'Find New Roads' can work for new technology as well as old technology. With the trucks and more off road type vehicles it fits, so they could have an off road truck makes it's own 'New Roads' and for new tech vehicles to drive into the future, and 'Find New Roads' which could be very green.

If I was making a commercial, I'd show the old road lined with Oil Sheiks with a smoking, polluting, belching car driving past them as they laugh and point at the US citizen making them richer, and richer, as they play with a big wad of US cash in their hands. Then fade to the 'New Road' with a Volt driving on a peaceful quiet road, clean air, bright sunshine. Then the driver looks in the mirror adjusting it, and sees the same Sheiks lined up on the corner begging for money - homeless, sneering and raising their fists at the Volt.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Chevy...welcome back

That's what I'd do. Many drivers left the us auto market and went foreign. Us car makers are racking up better sales now in 2012. Something like the imported from Detroit campaign of fiat, uh, I mean Chrysler.

I haven't bought a GM product since my wife's Saturn back in 1992. But my mother was a serial Chevy buyer. So, I'm back now.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
How I see it, 'Find New Roads' can work for new technology as well as old technology. With the trucks and more off road type vehicles it fits, so they could have an off road truck makes it's own 'New Roads' and for new tech vehicles to drive into the future, and 'Find New Roads' which could be very green.

If I was making a commercial, I'd show the old road lined with Oil Sheiks with a smoking, polluting, belching car driving past them as they laugh and point at the US citizen making them richer, and richer, as they play with a big wad of US cash in their hands. Then fade to the 'New Road' with a Volt driving on a peaceful quiet road, clean air, bright sunshine. Then the driver looks in the mirror adjusting it, and sees the same Sheiks lined up on the corner begging for money - homeless, sneering and raising their fists at the Volt.
That's actually not bad...

·
Registered
372 Posts
My last Chevy was a 96 Blazer that was a POS. I finally got rid of it after having to install the 4th fuel pump in 5 months when the vehicle was < 2 years old.

I am really impressed with the engineering, built quality, ride, acceleration, etc.. of this Volt. Good on ya, GM!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I believe this tagline is dual purpose in that it also applies the performance of the Volt's navigation system for me (e.g. directing me the wrong way, etc.).

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
This had some meat:

See the USA in your Chevrolet
America is asking you to call
Drive your Chevrolet through the USA
America's the greatest land of all

On a highway, or a road along the levy
Performance is sweeter, nothing can beat her
Life is completer in a Chevy

So make a date today to see the USA