1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Apply US crash test standards to this vehicle and get back to us with the results. I don't think it will fare well.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I imagine it would do just fine, I believe it is being sold in Europe soon, which is comparable to US.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Wow, it even exports power via the charging port. Wonder what kind of capacity it has.
Come on, someone make a plugin suv in the US will you!?

·
Registered
412 Posts
It is a question of scale. The North American car market is not as big as China. Their market continues to grow. We have a small farm and I would love the ground clearance. International companies don't reward markets that once were - they move to where the market is.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Chinese companies say, "What do you want? We will make it for you." American companies, especially GM, say, "This is what we want to make and you should decide you like it . . . even without HomeLink."

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Meh. American auto makers have been shoving SUVs down our throats for the last 30 years, so they are bad. A Chinese company builds a hybrid SUV, and suddenly they are the savior.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Exactly! They look at all the features we ask for and add them. Set hold/charge SoC at any level. Draw power from the charge port. Reasonable EV only power. Decent EV range. Lots of power. Great features. Good price. Stylish and lots of utility. We have been asking GM for this vehicle for years.

I almost think GM is afraid to compete with any of their other vehicles. If they made this for $50k they might be afraid they would stop selling other more profitable vehicles. The issue with this stance is if BYD or some other company brings a similar vehicle over here is they will lose the sale instead. They would rather use legislation to prevent competition than change how they operate. For example, there is 25% import tariff on SUV and trucks, or like GM pushing for legislation against Tesla's sales model, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts