Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boy,I want one.

Reactions: scottf200

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Want to see a lap around the RIng in under 8 minutes, stock.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Could they do something about the horrible whine? Like add some Noise Killer foam or something.

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
Yes, the whine is obnoxious, unless you are one of those who simply must announce yourself with a lot of noise. I think silence is better, but movie car chases and 12 year old boys want to have lots of noise, lol.

Chevy doe not have a marketing department as far as I can tell... :)

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
GM is putting out details on this however --
Buick Reveals Details About Velite 6 PHEV And Velite 7 BEV
A 37 mile Buick "Volt" in a CUV format and a slower Bolt-like Buick CUV. Both for Gyna. Would be helpful to have some US options. Sometime between 2023 and 2025 we should see some domestic models if GM sticks to their time table. Of course Tesla may have some options as well. tight Scott? How's that for a softball pitch... :)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Yes, the whine is obnoxious, unless you are one of those who simply must announce yourself with a lot of noise. I think silence is better, but movie car chases and 12 year old boys want to have lots of noise, lol.

Chevy doe not have a marketing department as far as I can tell... :)
Chevy has a marketing department - they only market their trucks.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
A 37 mile Buick "Volt" in a CUV format and a slower Bolt-like Buick CUV. Both for Gyna. Would be helpful to have some US options.
I think the Volt was the last of the GM Phevs. Mixed drive trains are too complicated . The Bolt and Bolt EUV are the stop gaps till the "real" BEVs based on Ultium come out.
I read that the 2019 per capita income for urban Chinese was about $6000 in 2019. A $26000 vehicle (after subsidies) is kind of stretch, don't you think?

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
I think the Volt was the last of the GM Phevs. Mixed drive trains are too complicated . The Bolt and Bolt EUV are the stop gaps till the "real" BEVs based on Ultium come out.
I read that the 2019 per capita income for urban Chinese was about $6000 in 2019. A $26000 vehicle (after subsidies) is kind of stretch, don't you think?
Last in the US perhaps?

This description from GM sounds like it's alive and well in China:
The VELITE 6 PHEV’s electric propulsion system will feature high-performance dual motors complemented by a high-performance LG lithium battery pack and a dedicated 1.5L four-cylinder engine for hybrid systems. The addition of an intelligent electronic continuously variable transmission (E-CVT) will take its fuel consumption as low as 1.4 liters/100 kilometers.

The VELITE 6 PHEV’s enhanced performance and fuel economy will also benefit from advanced Power Split technology, which will be able to be used in both the vehicle’s hybrid mode and pure electric mode. It will enhance the driving experience with additional ease and comfort.

Reactions: scottf200

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The way I heard it is that urban Chinese families will pool their resources and buy a shared car. It's not uncommon for 2 or 3 families to buy and use one car between them. Buicks are considered status symbols over there--much more desirable than Cadillac.

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts
A 37 mile Buick "Volt" in a CUV format and a slower Bolt-like Buick CUV. Both for Gyna. Would be helpful to have some US options. Sometime between 2023 and 2025 we should see some domestic models if GM sticks to their time table. Of course Tesla may have some options as well. tight Scott? How's that for a softball pitch... :)
:) Competition is a good thing for the consumers. There is a lot of room in the consumer market for various sizes, styles, and features. Bring on a lot of compelling EVs that sell 100K+ / yr.

Honestly, I have no idea what Tesla next new vehicle will be.
  • Coming out with variations on the Model S.
  • A lot of Cybertrucks and semi-trucks to deliver.
  • Various factories to bring up to full potential.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is what gm(if they were smart) should build under the cadi name.make it as fast as it looks,comparable to tesla p85d.I'd be a buyer.

buick.JPG
buik1.JPG

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
GM's problem is too many bean counters and no visionaries. They are only concerned with the next quarter.

A car like that, if built properly could eat into Tesla and Taycan sales. Those are small markets for sure, but you need a flagship to drive other sales. That takes vision, not bean counting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
boy,I want one.

Yes GM is very bad at advertising; but they the EV is not a Muscle Car?? GM will be coming out in 2023 with EV's in Buick, Cadillac & Chevy with 6 to 8 different models of EV's that will travel 400 to 500 miles on a single model.
Because the Volt was to costly to make they might have cut back on there advertising.

John

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Yes GM is very bad at advertising; but they the EV is not a Muscle Car?? GM will be coming out in 2023 with EV's in Buick, Cadillac & Chevy with 6 to 8 different models of EV's that will travel 400 to 500 miles on a single model.
Because the Volt was to costly to make they might have cut back on there advertising.

John
Cut back? There was virtually no advertising of the Volt. It's great the GM is coming out with cars in 2023, but that's a day late (really 3 years) and a dollar short.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cut back? There was virtually no advertising of the Volt. It's great the GM is coming out with cars in 2023, but that's a day late (really 3 years) and a dollar short.
Yes I agree, about your feeling about GM being late. BUT all EV manufactures have been trying to make the "Jesus Battery" - One Charge go for 1,000 miles- but they found out it's expensive to make. So GM staring working on the Ele. motors they use to get more mileage out of the Cars and it works as I had noted above.
Good Eng. take's time.

John

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Yes I agree, about your feeling about GM being late. BUT all EV manufactures have been trying to make the "Jesus Battery" - One Charge go for 1,000 miles- but they found out it's expensive to make. So GM staring working on the Ele. motors they use to get more mileage out of the Cars and it works as I had noted above.
Good Eng. take's time.

John
Well maybe. But if you are not in the game people tend to forget about you. Today if you can (and any real manufacturer can) make a bunch of cars with a range of 250 miles, then you can be in the game, capture market share, and not let it go as you make even better and higher range models.

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts
Love your photos. Are these photos from the announcement GM made in China this year?😵 John
2016 gas concept.

Prepare for a double-take: the sleek coupe you see is wearing a Buick badge. Buick’s Avista is winning attention at Detroit’s NAIAS 2016, as the GM division looks to preview its future design language.

Keeping things moving – in concept theory, at least – is a 3.0-liter, 400 HP twin-turbocharged V6 driving the rear wheels. Inside, there’s 2+2 seating and a big swathe of touchscreen that flows down from the center console to the tunnel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts