GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad news.......Wife put the key fob in the Maytag....ran the full cycle!
Good news....The key fob is clean!
Better news....IT STILL WORKS!

Thank you GM Team.....Wedded bliss continues for another day......

D

·
0 Posts
Congrats! May you continue to live in bliss for at least another month or two until the next crisis - But, I hope the end of our 45 year marriage never comes down to THAT though . . . . .

Don

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I did the same thing with my key fob just after we purchased our 2016 Volt Premier in July 2016. When I took my pants out of the dryer I noticed something in the right front pocket. When I pulled out the key fob all I could see is my wife's non smiling face and my wallet with me shucking out several several large bills.

When I just checked to see if it worked, it did. I could not believe it, and never had any issues with the key nearly 2 years later....

·
Registered
420 Posts
My wife has now twice dropped her key fob from a height of about 4' onto the concrete floors in our home with no ill effects yet, to either herself or the fob ;-)

C

·
0 Posts
Step one for a happy relationship: Do your own laundry. :cool:
Wrong! The correct step is do the laundry together. I do for over 42 years, including hanging it on three clothes lines outdoors to save energy..

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I wish that my Fitbit One had been designed by the same people who designed the GM fob. After going through the wash cycle, it ain't woikin'. :mad::p

·
Registered
824 Posts
This report leads to the inevitable question of whether we should all be regularly washing our key fobs for better hygiene and performance.

·
Registered
605 Posts
If you've ever opened it to replace a battery, you'll see there's basically nothing in there but a chip and a board. I'm sure the chip is waterproof and the contacts on the board should be OK once dried out. That's probably why it survives a wash. Only thing I can think of that might cause it trouble are the microswitches getting corrosion if left in water too long.

Mike

·
Registered
13,933 Posts
Even if the fob broke, I wouldn’t end a marriage over a broken fob. Fobs can be replaced. It’s not that much money in the grand scheme of things. Wonderful spouses are hard to find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts