GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a user who feels we don't jump on GM for their recalls...:rolleyes:

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/15/gm-recall-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-seatbelt/#slide-153186

The Basics: General Motors will recall 895,232 examples of the 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 pickups in the US. The campaign will also affect the trucks in markets worldwide, and the total number the company will recall is 1,037,982.

The reason you may not have noticed this recall, is one it is for pickup trucks and two, real men don't use seat belts in pickup trucks...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
relevancy?
Well, this is a GM Topics forum, so we should discuss all things GM. Recalls of any manufacturer are important news, plus the way the manufacturer handles those recalls provides good insight into how much the company actually values their customers.

For me, this is good news, because I was about to make a small purchase of GM stock.

·
Registered
602 Posts
GM as a stock pick is OK, but no auto stock is usually a great pick for equity growth. On a positive note the dividend is yielding 4.8%. That's way better than the bank and the down side risk isn't bad as analyst estimate is $37.5 for a stock that currently trades at $31.4.

Do your own due diligence.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
GM as a stock pick is OK, but no auto stock is usually a great pick for equity growth. On a positive note the dividend is yielding 4.8%. That's way better than the bank and the down side risk isn't bad as analyst estimate is $37.5 for a stock that currently trades at $31.4.

Do your own due diligence.
I realize that you feel you are being helpful, so I will hold back on the snark. I only invest in companies I understand, and only when I feel those companies are undervalued with good fundamentals. I couldn't care less about what most of the analysts say other than to get a pulse on the market (because I know that others value their opinions).

Thus far, I'm okay with the decisions I've been making. My portfolio is up 22.5% on the year in companies that are not typically considered "growth" stocks. I could have been up between 100% and 150% had I made some riskier calls, but I chose to take a lower-risk path, which I'm fine with. So believe me when I say, I do my own due diligence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts