GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to GM Authority at gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01/latest-reports-say-the-chevrolet-sonic-is-in-fact-going-away/, the Chevrolet Sonic is also on the chopping block. The Sonic is built in the same factory as the Bolt so I wonder if GM is going to ramp up Bolt production.

It would be nice if GM would move the Voltec to the Bolt/Sonic platform to give those of us in non-EV friendly parts of the country an option to stay electric to the extent possible but also give us the ability to run on gasoline when we can't find a recharging spot.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
According to GM Authority at gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01/latest-reports-say-the-chevrolet-sonic-is-in-fact-going-away/, the Chevrolet Sonic is also on the chopping block. The Sonic is built in the same factory as the Bolt so I wonder if GM is going to ramp up Bolt production.

It would be nice if GM would move the Voltec to the Bolt/Sonic platform to give those of us in non-EV friendly parts of the country an option to stay electric to the extent possible but also give us the ability to run on gasoline when we can't find a recharging spot.
Pretty sure Voltec is already out with GM's declaration of favoring BEVs over hybrids. I would not have believed Sonic production as holding Bolt production back. It seems that GM is throttling production of their entry level EV. With the recent news that Cadillac is going to be their EV focus next I would suspect at best we see the Bolt drive train co-opted into a Cadillac but in a much larger more Cadillac acceptable size; I doubt they want to revisit Cimmaron days

1 - 2 of 2 Posts