GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/06/general-motors-trademarks-chevrolet-code-name/

Obviously, you'd think they might be planning a production version of the Chevy Code 130R concept that debuted a few years ago:

But that program was killed off last year: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/04/chevrolet-code-130r-program-stillborn-reuss-says/

Totally going out on a limb, but what if this "Code" trademark application is actually for a TRU 140S concept spinoff? They were debuted side by side, after all.

Plus, "Tru" would be a sorta weird name for a production car.

Perhaps the commotion the Chevy Jolt EV spoof caused caught the attention of someone at GM? We (and Mister Dave) can only hope. :p

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Obviously, you'd think they might be planning a production version of the Chevy Code 130R concept that debuted a few years ago:

Totally going out on a limb, but what if this "Code" trademark application is actually for a TRU 140S concept spinoff? They were debuted side by side, after all.

Plus, "Tru" would be a sorta weird name for a production car.
On the other hand, 'Code' reminds me of a heart attack. Not a good name for my demographic, especially in red.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
On the other hand, 'Code' reminds me of a heart attack. Not a good name for my demographic, especially in red.
LOL - they aren't targeting your demographic or mine with the TRU 140S. That doesn't mean we won't buy one though. ;)

If it drives as good as it looks I may return to recreational driving.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Maaaaaaaaybe, they have caught on that all companies are software companies now. In the age of open source they really should have a software developer engagement initiative - and a code repository for enabling users to share back improvements.

Otherwise Tesla will beat them to it and leverage their cool factor in another realm.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
It does look like a small Camaro. Add the resr "haunches" of the classic Camaro and done!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
LOL - they aren't targeting your demographic or mine with the TRU 140S. That doesn't mean we won't buy one though. ;)

If it drives as good as it looks I may return to recreational driving.
Agreed on that. I'd like something like the Scirocco / Capri/ Celica that I couldn't quite afford when they were available. What I really liked back then was the FIAT 124 coupe, and they have brought back the Spyder, so maybe there is some hope there.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Not too shabby!
Not at all. As much as I do like Miatas, and that is basically a Miata, FIAT gives it an appeal all its own. I'm feeling an itch in my wallet pocket.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Not at all. As much as I do like Miatas, and that is basically a Miata, FIAT gives it an appeal all its own. I'm feeling an itch in my wallet pocket.
Tell me about it. I have a 3-car garage and I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with the situation.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
sadly its got the that horrid 1.4L turbo that used to be in Dodge Darts.

As for Chevy Code, self driving name?

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Tesla's gone from single letters to symbols. Maybe something like this will be next:

First they will have to recycle scientist's names before they make the big leap to graphic symbols:

The new Chevrolet Salk - Makes you feel like you have new legs!
The new Chevrolet Newton - You will fall for this new car! Do the math, and you'll want Chevy!
The new Chevrolet Freud - Look at cars a different way!
The new Chevrolet Pythagoras - A well-rounded car for a well-rounded world!
etc.

But it does make me wonder if Nicola is rolling in his grave about Tesla Motors. One of their leading claims is it can run off DC 'supercharging'. Uh... You mean AC right? ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is a Miata, Mazda is making them for Fiat and Fiat is just putting their badging and engine in it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I think it is a stupid name, but that may just be me...

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
First they will have to recycle scientist's names before they make the big leap to graphic symbols:
This is the official symbol for the model 3:

Typed, it's shown this way: "Model ≡"

Anyway, about the Chevy Code name, I like it better than Bolt TBH.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts