GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, long time reader first time poster....
The dropping prices of the current Volts and the arrival of the Gen 2 Volt later this year have me really excited, being in a financial position to get in on the Volt. I plan to wait a little bit until the Gen 2 pricing is announced to see how much it depresses new 2015s.

Does anyone out there have any experience using the GM Employee discount in addition to all the offers flying around (dealer cash, GM cash, private offers, other negotiated pricing)?

As prices continue to drop, I'm not clear how much the employee pricing helps in the negotiation process of if I can do better with/without it. For example, building my own 2015 Volt through the GM Family First website,
Total MSRP: $34,995.00, GM Employee Discount Price: $32,516.07, Consumer Cash: -$1,000.00, You Pay: $31,516.07.
Can I do better without the Employee Pricing?
Can I stack the employee pricing with deals beyond what they are specifying?
At what point in the dealership negotiation process do I mention I have the employee pricing?

I'm eligible through a family member who will give me the certificate number when ready, but they have no interest in volts

Thanks in advance and thanks to all the forum members who have posted such useful information and experiences. I hope this question is helpful to others out there who have employee pricing too. I searched the forum ahead of time and couldn't find a relevant post on this topic.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I can't speak for GM in the USA, but I used Employee Pricing (my dad worked for GM decades ago and my mom's on his pension). I mentioned it up front, and stacked it with the "loyalty" discount and my trade. I thought the loyalty discount was odd, since I was a new win, trading a Mazda. There were no other discounts at the time, but the dealer also deducted the government rebate at source. (Ours is a cash rebate, not a tax credit.) In all my discounts/rebates were over $10k.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Current dealer discounts are close to 3X more than the GM Employee one, multiple dealers posting here giving 7K off MSRP PLUS you can still use private offer and others

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips. I guess I'm not surprised dealers won't let you stack the employee deal with other discounts, at least in the USA. Then again, discounts of $7k or more off MSRP isn't something to complain about. Add another $9k of fed+CA rebates (I'd qualify for the full fed credit) and its pretty hard to find a used volt for less than $18k that compares.
Intriguing the value proposition of buying new vs used in these times.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Our GM coupon last June lowered the MSRP from $40600>$37200. from that number we also applied the USAA($750.00) and GM($1000.00 available at that time). The biggest gains were negotiating increased value from our trade-in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts