GM Volt Forum banner

GM Dealers Repairing Teslas

548 7
At the company’s November 17 Investor Day 2022 General Motors president Mark Reuss said that GM service departments have now repaired more than 11,000 Teslas. “That’s a growing business for us. I gotta say it’s a new business,” he said.

That's surprising. I wonder what type of repairs? My guess, traditional car stuff: wheels, tires, brakes, fluids, headlights, dents and the like. Diagnosing a motor, battery or software issue is likely not on the menu.

Service is reportedly a soft target for dealers to shoot at depending on where the Tesla owner lives and how busy the Tesla service center is. And in a year or two, "feel free to browse our Silverado EV, Equinox EV, Blazer EV (or depending on the dealer, Hummer EV, Cadillac Lyriq EV, Sierra EV. Buick Electra EV) while you wait..."
Reactions: RCB268
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So THAT's why my local Chev dealer here in southern Ontario has had its used lot full of Teslas for the past year, and a sales prep facility full of Teslas. I mean, half to two-thirds of all the vehicles on the lots are Teslas.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I see lots of used tesla's for sale around here too.whats everyone doing w/ them,,leasing??

·
Administrator
23,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Where do you get your Tesla serviced, Bob?"

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
698 Posts
Makes sense. Tesla's service does not have a good reputation in some areas.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I see lots of used tesla's for sale around here too.whats everyone doing w/ them,,leasing??
Yes - it's the only way most Tesla drivers can afford a $60 thousand car.

·
Super Moderator
6,252 Posts
That's surprising. I wonder what type of repairs? My guess, traditional car stuff: wheels, tires, brakes, fluids, headlights, dents and the like. Diagnosing a motor, battery or software issue is likely not on the menu.
FYI, there is a subscription you can now get from Tesla to get access to some of their tools.
I've had a mobile 3rd party EV tech come to my place to do brake related work when I didn't do annual 'clean and lube' regularly (pin lubed, etc). Anyway had to get my rotors and brakes replaced on the front. An example of the service usage was that after doing the front brakes there is a built-in procedure for disabling the regen as well as some 'high speed' to hard brake counting to 'set' the pads.

Diagnostic Software
Includes: Toolbox 3 Diagnostic Software & Standalone HV Battery Shipping Evaluation Tool (Model S, 3, X, Y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts