GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The Chevy website shows the 2020 Bolt starting at $36,000, but as soon as you start to "build" a Bolt a $8,500 discount is applied.

·
Super Moderator
6,245 Posts
Not surprising:

* Fed credits running out;
* only sold 1102 per month in 2019 4th quarter;
* other vehicles that will be coming out (Tesla Model Y, etc)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Well regardless, that’s a very capable vehicle, with a track record, for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
That explains how a local dealer has a Premier selling for $32K with an MSRP if $43K

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a LT with DC charger for $29k out-of-door. That is $22k after subsidies. Pretty happy with car so far.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Now if we could ban the $665 price premium on title and registration here I might own one.

I saw a couple used examples in the $14k area about 6 months ago then saw what the taxes were and decided to keep my 20 year old car.

My old Honda only burns through $200 of gas a year, very bad economics

·
Registered
12 Posts
GM had a massive sale on Bolts in January. I picked up a 2020 lease for $194/month with 2.5K down. Invoice said 11.5K incentives. To get that price you had to take delivery by January 31st.

See below the local add from Matick Chevy in Michigan for the base model lease. I ended up getting some options :)

Bolt Lease deal.jpg

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I so wish I liked the Bolt. I really, really tried--test drove a bunch of different ones with different colors/options. I just could "never see myself" in it, which I know is not a great reason but it's all I got. Picked up a Gen 2 Volt instead.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
GM had a massive sale on Bolts in January. I picked up a 2020 lease for $194/month with 2.5K down. Invoice said 11.5K incentives. To get that price you had to take delivery by January 31st.

See below the local add from Matick Chevy in Michigan for the base model lease. I ended up getting some options :)

View attachment 160795
Enjoy! Between having a Volt and 2017 Bolt we are basically gas free now except for some Volt FMMs. The Bolt has become our drive of choice, though I still hold the Volt dear to my heart. The Bolt is just more fun to drive. And with it's battery range, we never worry about running out of battery, even in winter with snow tires and the heater going.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I so wish I liked the Bolt. I really, really tried--test drove a bunch of different ones with different colors/options. I just could "never see myself" in it, which I know is not a great reason but it's all I got. Picked up a Gen 2 Volt instead.
I hear ya. I felt the same way about the Bolt myself -- it's just not the style of vehicle I want.

Last fall, I probably would've gone for a Volt-styled 4-door hatch with EV specs similar to the Bolt's, if only Chevy had such a car available. You know, the idea being to have an "EV-only" EV. But, that not being available, I updated my '14 Volt to a 2019 one.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Local dealer has several; the gray one interested me but it was top of line, $44 MSRP, and they seemed to think knocking off Govt incentives of $8500 would do the trick and wasn't much interested in my doing a test drive. Reason being, they said, was they have to take it off line for 5 days! Needless to say, i walked.

·
Registered
2013 Volt, 2020 Bolt
47 Posts
I definitely saw myself in one and after driving it, it reminded me of all my old Hot Hatches, from my CRX Si to my GTI and others. I love the low CG for good handling and the 200hp/260+ lb ft of torque for hot hatch quickness. Had to get one in a bright color to make it stand out in a sea of greys and black/white cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts