1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Not April 1st yet! :)

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
You got me but I was thinking "Wow, they're introducing the new stuff a lot sooner than I expected!"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Damn you!!! You actually did scare me - I immediately clicked on this thread as soon as I read title... good one! :D

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
You got me but I was thinking "Wow, they're introducing the new stuff a lot sooner than I expected!"
I suspected it was most likely a prank, but then thought, like you, perhaps GM was switching to Converj variants with 5 seats. Can't imagine they would dump the Volt name when it's bringing in so many new buyers to the showrooms.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Press release should say "Replaced with new full sized more popular useable vehicles!!!!" :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Volt Gets Only 37 MPG on gas engine ??!?!

I have been questioning this car since the "Bail Out" / roll out and it is really no surprise that the car has failed.

First off this car is re-purposed antiquated model from the 80's but even more important you just have to look at the merits of the vehicle...

...37 miles on a single charge and then 37 miles per gallon according to the EPA

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/11/chevy-volt-gets-equivalent-of-93-mpg-but/

The 2012 Ford Focus gets better MPG than the Volt.

...and the Volt ONLY can can only count eliminating one gallon of gas per charge, f so it is pretty much ineffective when the cost and source of electricity is considered for the charging of the batteries.

I could go into the eventual disposal of the batteries, the excessive price of the car, the cost to tax payers via tax credits if this turd ever launched successfully....

But mostly, I am happy that this failure is just about done.

To anyone who bought one of these "experiments" ... bury your Beta Max tapes and Laser Discs in your Volt and chalk it up to experience.

-Peace

·
8,680 Posts
Umm... No. Did you have something useful to add, or did you only register here to provoke people?

2012 Ford Focus SFE - limited production model for best fuel efficiency: 28 city, 40 highway, 33 combined per the EPA. Volt: 35 city, 40 highway, 37 combined per the EPA. Actually, the only car to date that gets significantly better mileage than a Volt in CS is the Prius.

Fleet usage data shows that most people are averaging 115 mpg for gas usage, so I'd hardly say it's ineffective. If your only trips are jumping on the freeway for a few hours, the benefits are reduced - but who lives like that?

And BTW, the 'failure' is far from done. It wasn't news when the Cruze line was shutdown for weeks last fall, but somehow this shutdown is "the end?"

We'll keep working our way into the future with cars better than you dreamed of just fine without your "help," thank you.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I didn't expect to see this thread again. This guy is a punk, don't do him the favor of replying. Let this thread get buried (again). I started this as a light humored joke before all the negative political bs and battery non-issues. Not knowing what was to come, I'm sorry now to have provided this nimrod a platform. I'd delete the thread if I could, I'll at least give it 1 star and hope it gets ignored.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts