GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks - My name is Allen and we (Ron Tonkin Chevrolet) want to offer the Volt forum members a special discount offer on GM Accessories.

Accessory direct link > https://gmaccessories.dealertrack.com/GMWS/Default.aspx?CS=1&SessionGUID=002225A0-E649-440B-9FBD-8636FE68636C&strPass=&VIN=

Some history about me:
I started working at Tonkin Chevrolet back in 1982 at 19 years old and I am now the parts department manager here. We have a Volt on display and all I can say is wow this car is cool - I hope to own one next year.

So this is what I thought I would offer you fine folks - how about a 23% discount off all GM accessories on our www.Tonkinchevrolet.com accessory web site located here http://www.tonkinchevrolet.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=content.parts

You will need to create a log in to enter the discount code which is volt1. We are not set-up to take payment over our web site so you will end up speaking to me to complete the order (Allen) Monday - Friday. The nice part is that you can check out without any commitment until we talk and get payment from you on your on-line orders. Talk to you soon :cool:

No Sales Tax in Oregon too :cool:

For example you would save $80.50 off a GM accessory car cover. That's like a full years worth of gas - right?:)

Part Name : Car Cover - Pale Green With Green Volt Logo
Part Number: 20927470
Discount Volt Member Price $269.50
This Vehicle Cover helps protect your Volt whether indoors or out. Handy storage bag included. Both cover and bag feature the Volt logo.

Part Name : Volt Wheel Locks
Part Number: 19211919
Discount Volt Member Price $30.03
Part Name : Wheel Lock Kit - Chrome, M12 x 1.5 x 37.1 - For Use on Wheels with Exposed Lugs and without a Need To Retain A Wheel Cap or Cover - Includes 4 Locks, 1 Key
Help deter thieves from taking the wheels off your vehicle with this wheel lock kit, featuring 4 locks and a unique key.

Part Name : Volt Sill Plates
Part Number: 19244297
Discount Volt Member Price $76.23
Add a stylish accent to the entry area of your Volt while also helping to protect against scratches and scrapes with these stainless Door Sill Plates featuring the Volt logo.

Part Name : Cargo Net
Part Number: 19244300
Discount Volt Member Price $34.65
This flexible Cargo Net can be installed in two different positions. A zipper on each side of the Cargo Net allows you to choose the position that works best to help keep items from shifting in the cargo area of your Volt. Unzip for a flat floor net or close the zipper to form an envelope-style storage net.

Part Name : Rear Seat Storage/Barrier - Leather
Part Number: 20988807
Requires RPO's : A51, EEY
The Rear Seat Storage/Barrier is a dual-purpose accessory that provides a storage compartment between the rear passenger seats, while closing the gap between the rear seats and the cargo area

Part Name : Front & Rear Premium All Weather Floor Mats
Part Number: 19243441
These Premium All Weather floor mats feature a custom deep-ribbed pattern to collect rain, mud, snow and debris. Nibs on back help hold mats in place and conform to the floor of your Volt. Front mats feature the Volt logo.

Part Name : Premium All Weather Cargo Mat
Part Number: 20917118
This Premium All Weather Cargo Mat conforms to the cargo area of your Volt, and the custom deep-ribbed pattern helps keep it clean. Features the Volt logo.

Part Name : Ashtray and Lighter
Part Number: 22761214
Convenient for those who choose to smoke in their vehicle, this Smoker's Package includes an Ashtray that fits in the cup holder, and a Cigarette Lighter with housing and retainer.

Part Name : Sunshade, Silver with Volt logo
Part Number: 20905185
This windshield Sunshade Package will not only help keep the interior of your Volt cooler on hot sunny days, it will also help protect your dashboard from sun damage. Folds up and fits neatly in the storage bag provided. Sunshade and bag both feature Volt logo.

Part Name : Storage Case - Black with Volt Logo
Part Number: 19243786
Use this attractive black storage case to stash and conceal miscellaneous items in the rear compartment area of your Volt. Ideal for storing and transporting an extra charge cord. Features convenient carrying handles, as well as straps to secure it in place to prevent shifting while in transit.

Part Name : Rear Seat Storage/Barrier - Cloth
Part Number: 20988806
Requires RPO's : A51, EAL
EAL - LEATHER, SOLEIL KEISEL, MINI PERF
The Rear Seat Storage/Barrier is a dual-purpose accessory that provides a storage compartment between the rear passenger seats, while closing the gap between the rear seats and the cargo area.

Contact Allen
http://www.tonkinchevrolet.com/
Ron Tonkin Chevrolet 800-460-5328
Allen English (Parts Department) ext. 4162
Randy Eyerly (Volt Sales) ext. 4147

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
Thanks for the cool offer.

I checked it out on a $100($99) item and it will cost me $15 in shipping to IL so after my 15% discount I'm still at $100. I guess that is compared to $108 or so if I bought it locally and paid the sales tax. I know there are other pros and cons that I need to consider (helping my state out, buying local, reciprocating "thanks" from my local dealer when I get service, etc). Interesting offer tho.

Thanks for stopping in.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good point about the discount - I guess I should go in and tweak it a little more, Give me a few minuets to get the site to a 23% discount.

Regards,
Allen

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I would note that the shipping is usually less than what it shows in the cart and I only charge what the actual shipping cost.

·
Registered
462 Posts
That is a pretty good offer. I like to see this service offered. I, however use google chrome as a browser, and have found no reason to use another browser on my macbook air, which comes with "Safari." However, this website of yours requires Internet Explorer (yuck) or Mozilla Firefox, (not as bad, but completely unnecessary as until today I've yet to find a site that doesn't work on Chrome.)

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
Allen,

Thanks for the follow up and the point about actually shipping cost. That means something to many buyer who have a pet peeve about the 'S&H' exorbitant charges that some people try to get away with.

P.S. Windows machines: As far as Chrome I just use the Internet Explorer (addon) Extension for sites such as these. No deal breaker for me. Extension: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd

·
Registered
317 Posts
I thought I would note that the shipping is usually less than what it shows in the cart and I only charge what the actual shipping cost.
That would be much better. The shipping calculator on the website seems to just keep adding shipping charges for each item as if all items are being shipped as a separately. For example, the first item is $15 S&H, second item is $10 more, etc. But since you said that actual shipping charges will apply, I placed an order.

One thing I wanted to ask is about availability. Last week I called local Chevrolet dealers and the parts guy said that some of the Volt accessories would take 10 days to get. I didn't see anything during the ordering process that would indicate that the accessories are not available to ship so my assumption is that they are available. If this isn't the case, you should probably mention this on the website.

Thanks for offering the discount to members of this forum.

·
Registered
462 Posts
just tried installing it, but bah I use Mac. :) I have a windows machine in the other room for gaming. I'll have to get on there later.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for checking it out! The web site is mostly ran and updated by GM, I have the power to fix pricing and such. I can't show availability as that is not part of its function. Most accessories that are not in stock will take 7 days to us and yes 3 more to you = 10 days.

Also the site doesn't know how multiple items will be shipped, thus it still sells them as individual shipments. We correct the shipping before asking for your payment. We only charge shipping without any mark up and NO Handling charges will ever be charged. We are not into the business to make money off the shipping and we don’t make prices so low that we have to make up for it in the shipping as others do. Tonkin has been selling for over 50 years and we know what our customers want - and that is a good deal !!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Allen,

GM offering any Chevy Volt clothing and accessories?? Shirts, hats, jackets, mugs, etc...

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I appreciate your offer. I am interested in changing the wheels on my volt, but have not been able to
get the specs (offset etc), anywhere at all. Do you have those specs or know a source that sells
compatible wheels.?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I appreciate your offer. I am interested in changing the wheels on my volt, but have not been able to
get the specs (offset etc), anywhere at all. Do you have those specs or know a source that sells
compatible wheels.?
Hopefully you're planning to get wheels as light or lighter than the stockers...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I will look into it, but I don't have anything at this time.
Allen,

Any chance you would be able to order body parts for the Opel Ampera when parts become available for that car? I want their rear and front bumper. I understand the Ampera will be made here in the US, so I am thinking those parts would already be in the US. Is that sound thinking?

Given how a lot of articles written about the Volt/Ampera say that the Ampera is much better looking, I am sure there would be a good demand locally for these bumpers. I do know that some like the Volt appearance more, so no need to add that comment here.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Allen,
is Ron still racing?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No wheel specs in our cataloging - you should however be able to take a wheel off your Volt and measure the back spacing of it. Just run a strait edge across the back of the rim and then measure from the machined surface to the straitedge.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts