GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
German Tesla site for TM3 AWD Performance lists a 530km (329miles) WLTP value

the 64-kWh Kona Electric is now rated at 279 miles under the WLTP, the Niro nets 282 miles.

US , Kona is 258 and the Niro at 239 EPA.

The Bolt using a 60kWh battery is 240 WLTP or 238 EPA.

The TM3 AWD Performance is 329 miles, the AWD non performance is 338 miles

https://i.imgur.com/jeKMlix.png

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
At least I'll get my Model 3 before those Europeans! Ordered Aug 13th, and Home Delivery is now scheduled for Dec 11. I don't know how they're able to promise people who ordered by Nov 30, delivery by end of year. My seemingly routine order has taken 4 months! Silver LR AWD, no EAP.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The EU ratings formula is a little more optimistic than the EPA formula. I recall from 2007 to 2008 the EPA adjusted the formula to account for more realistic averages. As a result the the Toyota Prius lost 3-4 mpg advertised due to the stricter EPA formula. All the manufacturers were gaming the rating system to sell there vehicles as being better on fuel than what real world statistics showed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
At least I'll get my Model 3 before those Europeans! Ordered Aug 13th, and Home Delivery is now scheduled for Dec 11. I don't know how they're able to promise people who ordered by Nov 30, delivery by end of year. My seemingly routine order has taken 4 months! Silver LR AWD, no EAP.
+1

I ordered my PM3 on 9/11, w/EAP+FSD I finally got a notification to pickup the car on the 13th but had to reschedule to pick mine up 12/15 at Highland Park, IL. I wanted Home delivery but they really discouraged going that route due too the end of the year rush to deliver, so that people get the full Tax Credit. They could not guarantee I’d get the car before the end of the year. Especially with the holidays and potential for Winter weather delays. Instead, the are getting me a one-way rental from Enterprise. So my wife and I can both enjoy the 200 mile trip home in the car.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
its the 12th,,did you get it?

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
KenC, anxious to hear how you like your ride in/after a few days.
+1
I ordered my PM3 on 9/11, w/EAP+FSD I finally got a notification to pickup the car on the 13th but had to reschedule to pick mine up 12/15 at Highland Park, IL. I wanted Home delivery but they really discouraged going that route due too the end of the year rush to deliver, so that people get the full Tax Credit. They could not guarantee I’d get the car before the end of the year. Especially with the holidays and potential for Winter weather delays. Instead, the are getting me a one-way rental from Enterprise. So my wife and I can both enjoy the 200 mile trip home in the car.
Congrats! That is excellent. You are literally surrounded in superchargers that are only 80 miles apart in WI ( https://supercharge.info/map ).
I've been to the Rockford, IL one a few times and enjoyed the stones throw restaurant/pub.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yeah, no choice on Home Delivery in Maine. Make sure they charge your PM3 up! Gotta go read the delivery checklist, and rewatch the videos tonite. Car will be here in 24hrs.

+1

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Range sounds much better in Km than miles.:p

·
Registered
610 Posts
KenC, anxious to hear how you like your ride in/after a few days.

Congrats! That is excellent. You are literally surrounded in superchargers that are only 80 miles apart in WI ( https://supercharge.info/map ).
I've been to the Rockford, IL one a few times and enjoyed the stones throw restaurant/pub.
Thanks Scott

The only stinker for me is the stretch between Eau Claire and Duluth on US 53. Especially in single digit or below temps. That is a route I have to drive weekly. But for this winter I’m going to use my current high mile driver to make those trips. Tesla will get plenty of use during my upcoming 2 week holiday vacation and subsequent 3 day weekends.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
LOL, no, the driver of the car carrier just called 10mins ago, he'll be here tomorrow afternoon, the 13th.
awesome,,the anticipation must be killing you.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
Thanks Scott
The only stinker for me is the stretch between Eau Claire and Duluth on US 53. Especially in single digit or below temps. That is a route I have to drive weekly. But for this winter I’m going to use my current high mile driver to make those trips. Tesla will get plenty of use during my upcoming 2 week holiday vacation and subsequent 3 day weekends.
That is only 155 miles so it would seem like you could make that pretty easy especially at speeds at/below 65.

279 miles = 310 max * 90% SOC
184 miles = 279 miles * 66% (winter)

5F in ABRP shows leaving house at 95%. Could charge to 99% at the house.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah, no choice on Home Delivery in Maine. Make sure they charge your PM3 up! Gotta go read the delivery checklist, and rewatch the videos tonite. Car will be here in 24hrs.
After all this time, I’m really surprised Tesla doesn’t have an online user interface simulator that would allow soon to be owners the ability to practice exploring through all the touch icons and be able to move buttons ON/OFF with a pop-up window that explains each functional step. Yeah, you can read the the manual but it never really sticks to memory until you actually do the functional steps. Maybe I should tweet Elon and request that for future owners.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
After all this time, I’m really surprised Tesla doesn’t have an online user interface simulator that would allow soon to be owners the ability to practice exploring through all the touch icons and be able to move buttons ON/OFF with a pop-up window that explains each functional step. Yeah, you can read the the manual but it never really sticks to memory until you actually do the functional steps. Maybe I should tweet Elon and request that for future owners.
You mean like the computer program Flight Simulator.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
That is only 155 miles so it would seem like you could make that pretty easy especially at speeds at/below 65.

these are great maps and charts.
are these online or in the cars computer or both?
no wonder people who get a Tesla don't have to worry to much about charging on the road.GM should take note.

·
Registered
610 Posts
You mean like the computer program Flight Simulator.
Yeah, pretty much. They could do it for all models. Like I I said , I can read the manual, which everyone should do anyway, but it doesn’t really stuck until you put it to muscle memory.

I known I’ll have plenty of time sitting at superchargers to learn and play, but it would still be nice to get pre-ownership training.

·
Registered
610 Posts

This is great info, I haven’t really played around will Abetterrouteplanner yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
these are great maps and charts.
are these online or in the cars computer or both?
no wonder people who get a Tesla don't have to worry too much about charging on the road.GM should take note.
a) Map with circles around Tesla Superchargers with the adjustable radius (80 miles in my example) are by a Tesla enthusiast. Talented person and just spends a lot of time adding details that folks provide. He enhances the site regular. Site name: https://supercharge.info/map

b) The car as a built-in 'Route Planner' that takes your current state of charge (SOC) and maps out a route with Tesla Superchargers as waypoints.

c) 'A Better Route Planner' (ABRP) is one of several route planners (mainly on PC but some tablets/phones) primarily for Tesla travel plans. There is a way to use ABRP on the built-in Tesla web browser. I have not experimented with that yet.
Many done by Tesla enthusiast. You can read below this very popular one appears to be done by a person in Sweden and uses many 3rd party services. People donate in various ways including small $ contributions to some of these different tools. They have to pay for various resources and cups of coffee. ABRP has exploded in popularity and features.

·
Registered
974 Posts
The car as a built-in 'Route Planner' that takes your current state of charge (SOC) and maps out a route with Tesla Superchargers as waypoints.

'A Better Route Planner' (ABRP) is one of several route planners (mainly on PC but some tablets/phones) primarily for Tesla travel plans. There is a way to use ABRP on the built-in Tesla web browser. I have not experimented with that yet.
Many done by Tesla enthusiast. You can read below this very popular one appears to be done but a person in Sweden and uses many 3rd party services. People donate in various ways including small $ contributions to some of these different tools. They have to pay for various resources and cups of coffee. ABRP has exploded in popularity and features.

That is pretty cool, thanks for posting it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts