GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Seems hard to find for cheap. Quick look on Amazon yielded nothing, but the following for Honda Civic look like they might fit and were designed for consoles that flip up lengthwise like on the Volt:

Cloth:
https://www.amazon.com/2006-2013-Auto-Console-Protects-consoles/dp/B006E4SKQ2/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1475963262

Neoprene:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IZLZU9W/ref=pd_sbs_263_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TRS2GQSMP7MH8802RDDC

Though both are WAY overpriced than what you found on Ebay. Now you've got me thinking about how annoying the arm rest is on bare skin on hot days...replacing it with a cloth cover wouldn't be a bad idea...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the good idea. I might visit a dealership with used Honda's - with tape measure in hand. I also have a query out to the eBay seller I linked. If I can find something that fits our console, I'll report back.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the eBay seller I linked above was extremely accommodating. He came through with a black fleece cover that fits our 2017 Volt. The black nap is very short - almost like suede. It will definitely protect our center console from our dog's claws.

The eBay seller is autoconsolecovers_llc. He also has a web site at www.autoconsolecovers.com. They carry neoprene and fleece covers.

·
Registered
926 Posts
First off, thank you for returning with the results of your purchase!

Second, so the one you linked in your OP was the one you bought and it fit your 2017 Volt with no modifications by the seller? If so, I'm getting one then!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First off, thank you for returning with the results of your purchase!

Second, so the one you linked in your OP was the one you bought and it fit your 2017 Volt with no modifications by the seller? If so, I'm getting one then!
The eBay seller had me use the auction I linked in post 1 - while ALSO giving him the length, width, and thickness of my 2017 console lid. He's now aware that gen 2 Volts require a larger console cover.

I'd suggest contacting him before placing the bid, reminding him that your gen 2 Volt needs a larger cover than listed.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Got it. Thanks for the info!

[grabs tape measure]

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are the dimensions I gave him:
I need black fleece in these dimensions: 18”L x 8 ½”W x 1 7/8” (At the very front, there is a latch to open. That latch is a 1 ¾” wide tongue or handle. It’s 1 ½” from the top of console lid).

·
Registered
0 Posts
i just buy a hand towel in the correct color. cheap, easy to wash if needed, can be used for spills if needed, available in lots of colors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts