GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Thursday, I took my 2 month old 2015 to the dealer shop because the vents blew out hot air in ICE mode. I was informed that the HVAC actuator and cover were smashed and that I had likely purchased the car with this defect. GM has yet to approve the repair as a covered repair. Anyone else suffer similar delays in service? Every day of delay is another day deprived of the EV experience. Is this the GM OF the 1970s?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have had the heat blow for about 10 seconds this past summer. It would happen a couple of minutes after the engine started on battery depletion. Mine went away and wasn't a problem. Yours doesn't go away? I would call the Volt Adviser about the problem with the repair. They help dealing with the service people.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If it's not covered under warranty just how do they feel it was possible you damaged this? Thats sounds pretty chicken sh%^ to me for them not to cover it and take it up with Chevrolet. The vehicle is 2 months old... Is this the selling dealer that is working on it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to agree with you. Today, Chevy's position is that the broken parts are not a manufacturing defect and they are exploring the possibility that I had caused the damage. Unfortunately, I did not take the car back to the dealer I bought from, assuming it to be covered under warranty. I do not understand they delay. They have all the information they need and the dealer has my car. I have spent over $70,000 on Volts in the past 4 years and they are less than stand up on assuming liability for the repair. Disappointing, even if they eventually come through.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Status update

Wednesday, 11-18. The dealer service got tired of waiting for the regional manager to authorize the repair and Jim McKay Chevrolet service has green lighted the repair. Kudos. Expected complete repair Friday, maybe Monday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts