GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the bolt pattern and offset of the gen 2 volt stock wheels?

I have a set of winter tires on 15" steel wheels for our 2012 Cruze and I would like to re use the wheels.

Can the Volt be downsized to 15"

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
Does anyone know the bolt pattern and offset of the gen 2 volt stock wheels?

I have a set of winter tires on 15" steel wheels for our 2012 Cruze and I would like to re use the wheels.

Can the Volt be downsized to 15"
Yes, they are listed in our sub-forum Stickies.

No.

·
Registered
384 Posts
So 15s won't physically fit over the brakes, or what? This is disheartening. I have an as-new set of 15" winter Michelins that are exactly the correct o.d., and was hoping that 15" wheels would become available so I could use them. Looking at the 17s on the car, it sure looks like there would be enough brake clearance for 15s...

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
The Gen1 has larger rotors than Gen2s and can be downsized to 15"...

The calipers on the gen2 don't look that big, nothing compared to the optional Camaro/Vette brake packages...Bottom line is we can't say every 15" will fit or will not fit, just have to experiment...Yet if 15" "steelies" fit, then odds are the majority of 15" will fit...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes, they are listed in our sub-forum Stickies.

No.
Can you point me to the specific post please? I am having trouble locating it

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
Can you point me to the specific post please? I am having trouble locating it
Forum > General Forum > Newcomers to GM-VOLT.COM (See here for FAQs) >Newcomers Chevy Volt Guides, Tips & FAQ Index > Wheels & Tires FAQs > Volt Spare Tire Guide

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gen 1 cruze is 5x105, +39/40 offset, 16x6.5, centre bore 56.5.

This is an exact fit. I just have to see if the brakes will clear. I have the hardware at home to swap the wheels. Just need to get the Volt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to find a donut tire / wheel that will fit on my 2017 volt (there is no spare tire of any sort with my volt -- not even a jack or a place to store a spare tire!). I've been told that the Chevy Cruise (2011 - 2015) will fit the 2016 volt, but I don't know if it will also work on a 2017 volt.

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
I'm trying to find a donut tire / wheel that will fit on my 2017 volt (there is no spare tire of any sort with my volt -- not even a jack or a place to store a spare tire!). I've been told that the Chevy Cruise (2011 - 2015) will fit the 2016 volt, but I don't know if it will also work on a 2017 volt.
Correct, but there is a spare tire kit that Chevy sells. We have the details and specs on a FAQ page referred to in the earlier posts in this thread. The 2016 and 2017 Volt are the same wheel specs.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Spare tire kit from Chevy. It is securely mounted with a threaded rod hold down & strap. The jack is strapped down under the floor.

IMG_2118.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, sourced a pair of 16" steel wheels from a 2012 Cruze (thanks to the wife!). These should fit right? Or do I need to throw out my back this weekend doing the swap?

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
16" steel wheels from a 2012 Cruze (thanks to the wife!). These should fit right?

They either match the Gen2 Volt wheel specs given on our FAQ page or they don't, right?

·
Registered
292 Posts
It’s not the brake caliper as much as clearing the strut assembly with a smaller rim diameter. So if there is too much positive offset. If too much negative offset then you may have wheelwell or fender contact

1 - 18 of 18 Posts