GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Gen 1 volt had a 2nd OBD connector on the passenger side of the car that provided access to the "hi voltage" bus. Does the Gen 2 volt also have the second connector with access to this bus as well?

If anyone has recorded the Can data on this bus I would be very interested to have access to it.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

·
Registered
874 Posts
The Gen 1 volt had a 2nd OBD connector on the passenger side of the car that provided access to the "hi voltage" bus. Does the Gen 2 volt also have the second connector with access to this bus as well?

If anyone has recorded the Can data on this bus I would be very interested to have access to it.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
I haven't looked, but I don't think so...the driver-side Gen 2 OBD connector provides a large number of "high-voltage" PIDs including motor kW, battery SOC, battery Volts/Amps, etc.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I haven't looked, but I don't think so...the driver-side Gen 2 OBD connector provides a large number of "high-voltage" PIDs including motor kW, battery SOC, battery Volts/Amps, etc.
passenger side shows (among other things) charging state of every cell in the pack. When NotAHoser watched the end of charge sequence, right before the charging light changed, there was a trickle then a flood then a little flood of cellspacks all piping up "I'm shutting down!" There may be other cell-level reporting that happens elsewhen in the charging cycle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts