GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never noticed this, but it seems like I may be missing a plastic insert or something here? Or is this the way it's supposed to be? This is where you stick your hand to open the rear hatch.
VoltHatch - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Could it be an exhaust port for cabin air? Off the wall, I know...

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it cupped or flat like the GEN 1 cars?
Seems like a bad idea to send water back there.
Seemed like a bad design to me too, better to slope it so water flows over the bumper than to have a cutout that would seem like a rust point, since you can't effectively coat the edge of a piece of metal. But if that's how it's supposed to be, then I'm just happy I don't have a defect :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Seemed like a bad design to me too, better to slope it so water flows over the bumper than to have a cutout that would seem like a rust point, since you can't effectively coat the edge of a piece of metal. But if that's how it's supposed to be, then I'm just happy I don't have a defect :)
What metal? That is a plastic bumper cover. It is possible that they routed the drain hole to dump the water on a vital unprotected steel part... but it is more likely that it drains directly onto the ground.

Keith

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
The back of the bumper is open anyway, it's not sealed. That drain hole will have no bad affect. The car has many such drain areas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts