GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
I couldn't find anything about this so here i go. I decided to paint the piano black insertions on my gen 2 Volt. I was a little affraid of mess whit the desing so I used Warp paint to do this, I also was looking for someting like aliminium or so but I only finded graphyte metalic color. I thik this color could be better for the blue ones, so here are some pics...

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
hi
I couldn't find anything about this so here i go. I decided to paint the piano black insertions on my gen 2 Volt. I was a little affraid of mess whit the desing so I used Warp paint to do this, I also was looking for someting like aliminium or so but I only finded graphyte metalic color. I thik this color could be better for the blue ones, so here are some pics...
My search for "Warp paint" just brings up fabric dyeing. I'm guessing this Warp is not that...

F

·
0 Posts
I think he meant wrap paint? I thought the black outs were flat/satin black like the Gen 1's. I can see piano black being problematic aesthetically speaking. I didn't notice when I was perusing Gen 2's.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
I do like it. Nice work.

J

·
0 Posts
Looks nice... are you going to try to do the upper piano black trim around the Volt logo too?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I like it too. Did you consider white to match the rest of the car? I've seen that done on some Gen Is and I like it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I applaud your experimentation. I personally like the black on my car, but could see how others would appreciate some options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like it too. Did you consider white to match the rest of the car? I've seen that done on some Gen Is and I like it.
Actually white was my first choice, but the only white color on wrap paint was plain matte white and I feel like it could seem like a cheap job, but maybe i'll try it later.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm guessing that's what most people call plastidip?

If that's the case, you can put glossifier over the matte white and it gives it somewhat of a shine. Not like gloss white paint, but glossier than pure matte paint.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hmm. It's different, I'll give you that.

I quite like the black, myself, even if that means it is never clean.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I applaud your experimentation. I personally like the black on my car, but could see how others would appreciate some options.
+1

I was disappointed that my tint person couldn't wrap my '18 Volt roof in black to match the look of my '12 Volt.

·
Registered
203 Posts
hi
WOW, I absolutely love that! It would probably look amazing on my Kinetic Blue 2017 Premier. Did you use spray cans, if so how many did it take? I’m not into modding cars much anymore but I may consider this as I’m not overly fond of the black myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW, I absolutely love that! It would probably look amazing on my Kinetic Blue 2017 Premier. Did you use spray cans, if so how many did it take? I’m not into modding cars much anymore but I may consider this as I’m not overly fond of the black myself.

Thanks mate, I did it whit 2 cans of wrap paint and a 2" blue masking tape from autozone. I'm sure you'll do it great. And yes I bet in your kinetic blue it'll looks amazing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks mate, I did it whit 2 cans of wrap paint and a 2" blue masking tape from autozone. I'm sure you'll do it great. And yes I bet in your kinetic blue it'll looks amazing.
Thank you! My car goes in for collision repair tomorrow but maybe I’ll try it when I get it back!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts