GM Volt Forum banner

Gen 2 Hitch Ground Clearance

706 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  penchef
Hi all, new to the forum and new owner of a 2019 Premier. Looking at the Draw Tite Hitch, mostly for a bike rack. Anyone install this and have any experience with the ground clearance?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,403 Posts
IIRC, someone did an extensive post with angles & clearance calculated. See if you can find it with search. But the TLDR was that it wasn't an issue. It seems low, but because the Volt's rear bumper is not very far from the rear wheels, it's just not sticking out far when going over slopes. Compare Volt to like a Crown Vic (huge/long trunk)... it's that length that ends up being the issue.

· Registered
372 Posts
If the front doesn't scrape, you'll be totally fine in the rear. When you have a bike rack on, you will have to be aware though...

-Charlie

· Registered
1 Posts
i’ve installed https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Draw-Tite/24947.html on my 2018 myself, wasn’t too hard if your a bit handy.

ground clearance is great, not a concern even with bike rack on it

Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Hi all, new to the forum and new owner of a 2019 Premier. Looking at the Draw Tite Hitch, mostly for a bike rack. Anyone install this and have any experience with the ground clearance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.