GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2018, with the top level screen displayed, after scrolling all the way to the right. But it shows on all the top level screens. It seems to be suppressed on lower level screens (e.g., radio, energy)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I have the same thing on my 2015. If I press it, it changes the display to show "Back Home Fav" or something like that. Did you try pressing the screen there?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same thing on my 2015. If I press it, it changes the display to show "Back Home Fav" or something like that. Did you try pressing the screen there?
Well shoot JuneBug, I just went down and checked it (it's been 30 some odd hours since I last brought the top level screen up) and it was gone. So, I started the car (so cool to be able to leave the garage doors down when I do that) and it was still gone.

I hate gremlins (even innoucuous ones). I may have somehow initiated it when I was tethered to my phone and broke the connection. But, I haven't done anything but drive since, so I don't know what would have terminated it. (Maybe it timed out whatever it was trying to do. As you've probably noticed with yours ,it's like the MyChevy version of the rotating hourglass on a computer.)

Oh well, my thanks to you and hallcp for following up with me.

Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I saw it today in my 2017 Volt. It's the indicator that tells you the infotainment system is attempting to connect to a portable media device. I used Bluetooth so definitely for Bluetooth. It may also display briefly when connecting to a USB device as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.