GM Volt Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Please explain "doesn't have a clue". What exactly did they say?

No lights on the dash are normal and fine. They may be irrelevant to what you're asking about, but they're telling you that There Are Problems, noticeable or not, and a forest of codes from irrelevant things can make diagnosing the problem you do care about overly complicated and expensive.
Probably not but depends on when you hear it. Brake or wheel bearing sounds would be directly related to vehicle speed. So constant or periodic sound getting louder, changing tone, or getting faster with vehicle speed. Something not periodic and squeaky is probably a ball joint, bushing, or shock. You would then only expect it to make noise when going over bumps or rough pavement. It might be possible to replicate by bouncing the corner of the car when stationary.
Circling back to thank all who provided advice. It turned out be a front left speed sensor and my eMileage is slowly ticking back up to normal. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll track it from a full charge. This is how it's showing up immediately after a full charge and then after about a mile-and-a-half of driving.
View attachment 172169
I had this problem a few years ago. The heater had failed and sucking the energy out of the batteries WHILE THE HEATER WAS OFF. Thus the guessometer compensated for the heater failure and reduced the available mileage. It may not be the heater, but something is draining the battery other than driving. I hope this helps.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts