GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I've seen loads of your threads here about editing the volts software to various ends. Has anyone ever tried to modify the UI?

Being a graphic designer, the blue and neon green is starting to wear on my eyeballs and I'd love to modify it to be a little closer to what the new volts UI looks like.

Do you think something like that would be possible using the methods anyone's used to edit other functions? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If you can figure out how to mess with Penguin Linux in the head unit go for it.

My guess is you would need to access data through the passenger side EV data bus that looks like another OBDII connector

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Remember to set a limit on just how much time you are willing to waste on this exercise...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I'd love to see a better UI if you can do it. It was pretty poor when it was released and is certainly dated now. Not just the colors, but the entire UX experience.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'd have to agree that an update would be phenomenal. Spend as much time as you need and please keep us posted. Looking forward to the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts