GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to replace the front drivers side turn signal bulb. Can't do it myself! You have to put it up on a rack, remove the wheel, and loosen/remove the inside fender well to access the turn signal in the front fascia! Bad design! I expected, making it so inaccessible, that the light would at least be a long-life LED bulb, but no! Just a regular incandescent bulb. It cost me $56.12 to have it replaced. Hopefully they fixed this design flaw in the Gen II Volt?

·
Administrator
20,434 Posts
Doesn't need to be on a rack, but yes, replacing it is a PITA. Others have replaced their own.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Doesn't need to be on a rack, but yes, replacing it is a PITA. Others have replaced their own.
Youtube video:
At 7:50 how to replace the passenger side parking light is shown.

Reactions: nmdlehman

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I just had to replace the front drivers side turn signal bulb. Can't do it myself! You have to put it up on a rack, remove the wheel, and loosen/remove the inside fender well to access the turn signal in the front fascia! Bad design!
The driver's side is the easy one. The passenger side is a bear to change. I agree it's a bad design, but you don't need to put it on a rack. You have to turn the wheel to provide more room, and remove a few screws to get past the fender liner. I replaced mine with switchback LED's that are bright white as marker lights, but change to amber as turn signals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts