GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I just ordered a wireless endoscope for myself. They can be had for < $50. It could save a lot of labor in situations like this.
Great idea! I have one here at home if I should need it. It's not wireless but could come in extremely handy for such a thing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
* UPDATE *

Yesterday, I went to a tint shop to get very light ceramic tint on my front windshield to lower the cabin heat here in Arizona.

Upon leaving the tint shop, I look back and notice that there is much more leg room in the back passenger area. I do a double take, triple take, and confirm that the seat is now slid half way forward. So I call the tint shop and get the manager to ask the installer what he had done to slide the seat forward. He came back and said NOTHING that he had only pulled the lever and it worked fine.

MY MIND IS BLOWN!

Guessing something was stuck in the track and I failed to see it. I really don’t know. MAGIC

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Now that I have easy access to the bolt which would enable me to easily remove the seat, I’m considering removing the seat to inspect it closer or should I just let it be!?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If it was mine I would let it be. But you say the bolt, you mean the back floor bolts only take out and then slide the seat to the back? Just recheckingon procedure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went car camping a couple months ago in my Volt and removed my front passenger seat. I made a video upon reinstalling it. The two rear bolts have locktight on them and are kinda hard to remove.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If it were me I would be taking it out and inspecting it further but that's just me. Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts