GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger seat lever that enables the seat to slide forward and back is not working anymore. I lift up on it and the seat stays “stuck/latched”. I looked under there and didn’t see anything obvious. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestion as to how to fix it?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Haven't heard of that before. You might have to unbolt the seat, pull it out and see if something is jammed in there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I know that I'm stating the obvious but be sure to disconnect the electrical connections before yanking it out.

Reactions: Newbie2020

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
It could be as simple as a dropped coin that got stuck in one of the rails.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The passenger seat lever that enables the seat to slide forward and back is not working anymore. I lift up on it and the seat stays “stuck/latched”. I looked under there and didn’t see anything obvious. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestion as to how to fix it?
I had this happen in my 2013 Volt. I had moved the seat all the way forward to fit something in the back. When I tried to move it back to a comfortable position, it wouldn't go back. It turned out to be a loose bolt inside the track. It had fallen out and was jammed. I had to take it to the Chevy dealer to get it fixed. They had to completely remove the seat.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Any luck fixing the problem?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any luck fixing the problem?
Not yet but I’m about to tackle the problem. From what I’ve gathered, there are no bolts in the front, instead, the front rails jam into a notch in the floor there are only two screws in the back, one on each side which may be difficult to get to because the top rail will be blocking that bolt because the seat won’t slide forward. May need to drill out the top rail a little. Then remove the seat. Then from what I understand, the rail went past the tab that’s supposed to stop it from going too far. I’ll try to get it past that tab by banging it or grinding down the tab.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
What is this seat stuck week! Darn. I was vacuuming out my 2014 gen 1 and my driver side seat will not move forward or backwards either.
When trying to look under the seat from front side looking to the back seat there is grey wire seemingly hanging and not as tidy attached like the passenger seat..besides the black thicker wire connection....could it be jammed on the door side of the track? Hard to tell.
Also I did see the two floor anchor bolts on the back side of the seat. But in the front of the seat someone thought the rails are jammed into the floor notch and so not floor anchor bolts? If true then what are the bolts that are on the side of the track or seat assembly as opposed to into the floor?
It seems if those 2 front bolts were taken out would then leave part of the railing or such in the car still or are they the front bolts that need to be removed too.
So are there 2 or 4 bolts holding the seat in?
BTW my seat is about mid way down the track stuck.
Any news on success by the original poster?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have not tackled it yet but I’ve been told by a mechanic that works on Volts that there are only bolts in the rear part of the tracks.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Have not tackled it yet but I’ve been told by a mechanic that works on Volts that there are only bolts in the rear part of the tracks.
Great and thanks for that confirmation of bolts only on the back side.
I wonder if I will be able to tip the seat back enough still in the car once unbolted and slid back...hope so to see better whats jamming it. Keep us posted on your progress. Thanks

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Replace the frame? That seems kind of excessive...
No way to release the latch perhaps and beat it back into place? Looks to be poorly designed if this is what is happening.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
So my seat is stuck in the middle of the track not near the front and not near the back. Any suggestions? Simply unbolt the last 2 contacts, slide the seat back as there is no bolts in the front? and check it out simply being carefully of the wired connections under neither? Again I can't slide forward or backwards. Luckily its stuck in the location I use.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’d start by looking from the front and back with a flashlight to make sure nothing is stuck in the track. And then yes, removing the seat is the best way to really see what’s going on under there.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I’d start by looking from the front and back with a flashlight to make sure nothing is stuck in the track. And then yes, removing the seat is the best way to really see what’s going on under there.
I just ordered a wireless endoscope for myself. They can be had for < $50. It could save a lot of labor in situations like this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts