GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting service light on and I take it into the dealers to spend all day there to find nothing wrong with it "we charged the car for 5 hrs"... thanks. Second dealer said it was a 3rd party security device that was causing it and costs $300 since its remove not covered by warranty? (I never installed any devices in my car) I didn't trust them so i didn't have the service done.

Just had the issue occur for the third time where I get into the car turn on. Shift into reverse and no power even though it is charged and on. I shift into park and power down but the car automatically turns back on within 1-2 seconds "initializing. .. wait to shift" message pops up and car turns on.

Also on this time was the first time I got email from onstar "A critical issue with the lithium-ion battery in your 2015 Chevrolet Spark EV has been detected. Please servce"

Everytime I can't use the car since there is no response to pushing accelerate. The second time it happened I had went into drive and the break would not respond so it hit my front bumper to the curb ($600 repair cost). It reports service break assist and service stabilatrak every occurance. I'm kind of scared to drive my car. I keep getting stuck places and damaged.

I don't know what to do please help. I don't know who to contact. *off topic I had a strange odor from ac smells bad often after the car being idle (overnight, etc) the smell lasts about 1 minute after turning car on with the ac on* the first service center i had went to for it said they couldn't do anything unless they were able to smell the smell??

Everytime it's a chevy dealer. I liked my dealer in cerritos and my spark but I moved to albuquerque and there is no way I'm buying a bolt now unless I move back to socal and can go back to cerritos. Looks like my money is going elsewhere for all future purchases.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Keep taking it to a qualified dealer. Document everything. Invoke your State's lemon law to make GM buy the car back.

The phrase "qualified dealer" is important. Not all GM dealers have a SparkEV-trained technician on staff. Does the selected dealer sell Spark/Volt?

I was a professional mechanic for several years and worked in the auto parts business for twelve. It is nearly impossible to repair a car when the complaint cannot be duplicated in the shop. I once fixed a buzzing problem by removing the customer's pager (a device before cell phones) from under the front seat!

So many issues indicates a major system problem that touches all the subsystems reported. Does Spark have a 12v battery, for example? What are the error codes?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
You mentioned an aftermarket security system, I can tell you that ANY car that has an aftermarket electrical system is a BIG FLASHING RED LIGHT in any attempt to fix subsequent electrical issues under warranty.

I suggest you try and locate the shop that installed it and ask if they can remove it. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thands Lobo will do. To the other poster all I did was lease the car I didn't didnt have anything installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldnt find where to edit a post but no Lobo they do not sell volts I got mine in cerritos ca before I moved to albuquerque nm. Also I don't see the codes for the errors that come up or reported by onstar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts