GM Volt Forum banner

Gee, this Spark EV forum sure is dead....

13374 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Norton
* crickets *
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Moooooooo...
Are you trying to give it a "spark" back to life?
If I could buy a Spark EV, I will be posting every day. So blame GM for not selling it (or the Volt) in Puerto Rico.

BTW, where are the present Spark EV owners?
If I could buy a Spark EV, I will be posting every day. So blame GM for not selling it (or the Volt) in Puerto Rico.

BTW, where are the present Spark EV owners?
I think it might be hard to find a Spark Ev in most states . Our dealer only carries the 1.2 liter version.

Are they available in most states ? I thought you posted a Nisaan Leaf on la isla . They now have a 30 kWh battery pack available .
I've had low production, offbeat cars before, but I'd guess there are only 3000-3500 Spark EV's in the wild. That's just not much of a user base to support multiple forums.

Still love ours and waiting for the Bolt to come out.
It's obvious why it's dead, the spark EV is only available in Less than a handful of states. Introduce it in all 50 and the forum will get some activity. Alas with the coming of the bolt, the spark EV will indeed be a rare car that is under appreciated for what it brought to the ev community.

When I see any spark, I think SUV bait. I have yet to see a spark EV in real life.
I've had low production, offbeat cars before, but I'd guess there are only 3000-3500 Spark EV's in the wild. That's just not much of a user base to support multiple forums.

Still love ours and waiting for the Bolt to come out.
So can I assume you have leased the spark?
A bit more action @ mychevysparkev.com

Still not much...
So can I assume you have leased the spark?
Absolutely. For two main reasons: I figured technology would be changing and advancing; and the back of my mind didn't fully trust GM, remember the Chevy Vega, Olds Diesel, Caddy Cimmaron, TH250, Mr. Lutz the Hummer man, Daewoo in general, and many other sins. The first has proven true but the worries about GM have not, they do seem to have gotten their act together.
I'm in Massachusetts, and I'd be willing to put my money down today and pick one up if it were available. Unfortunately - it ain't.

Looks like GM will never treat it as anything more than a compliance car.
If I could buy a Spark EV, I will be posting every day. ...
I'm in Massachusetts, and I'd be willing to put my money down today and pick one up if it were available. ...
Guys, it's a free country. You can buy what's for sale.

I spent a 2 days of my life, a few hundred dollars and with a one-way U-haul dolly brought my Spark EV home!
Of course you can't do that if you live on an island.:(
There are shipping companies that will bring a car to you wherever you live. But you do want a Chevy dealer within driving distance with this fun, little, sleeper, hot rod, EV!!
Guys, it's a free country. You can buy what's for sale.

I spent a 2 days of my life, a few hundred dollars and with a one-way U-haul dolly brought my Spark EV home!
Of course you can't do that if you live on an island.:(
There are shipping companies that will bring a car to you wherever you live. But you do want a Chevy dealer within driving distance with this fun, little, sleeper, hot rod, EV!!
Understood, but as much as I'd like to do it, I don't have the time in my life at the moment to make such a road trip. Sounds fun though! I priced out shipping services, but the rates were quite high to ship the vehicle all the way across the country and I just couldn't make the numbers work at this point. The idea for me isn't just to drive a pure EV, but to actually make it worthwhile from a cash flow perspective as well, and spending ~2 grand on shipping kills any financial advantage to doing it - I might as well just buy a used gas Spark as I'd probably never offset that initial outlay in a reasonable amount of time. I don't have infinite money. :(

Though perhaps in a year or two, when off-lease used Spark prices fall into the 10k range, it might be more doable. I'd definitely want the DC fast charging option.

The question is also service. Is there any Chevy dealer in MA that will service the Spark EV? While I understand that theoretically if they're qualified to work on the Volt they should also be able to work on the Spark, I have no idea how that would play out in practice. I'd essentially have to take whomever I talk to at their word. And even if the dealer agrees, GM could issue some corporate directive next week that tells them never to do it again and I'd be SOL.

It's really too bad. My mom is elderly and doesn't have a car of her own at the moment, but has a great driving record and loves to drive. It would be the perfect car for her to toodle around town to church and the grocery store in. And smoke sports cars off the line on the weekend...:)
See less See more
>... I priced out shipping services, but the rates were quite high to ship the vehicle all the way across the country ....

>>... used Spark prices fall into the 10k range, it might be more doable.

>>>I'd definitely want the DC fast charging option.

>>>> Is there any Chevy dealer in MA that will service the Spark EV?....
>They are being sold just down the road from you in Maryland right now. A weekend dolly trip !?!

>>They are close to that now. That's where mine came from. There is a $13,500 one for sale now in MD.

>>>Yes, you would!! If you wait a little longer you'll be able to drive one home! Maybe....

>>>> My Chevy dealer is happy to work on mine. Nothing has been needed, though.
I had a Volt before this. I'm in the middle of the country.
Chevy wouldn't abandon one of their EV owners now, with the Bolt coming out soon.
These are interesting ideas. I didn't realize that the Spark was available in MD.

I live about 350 miles from MD. The Spark EV has about an 80 mile range, right? If it has the DC fast charging option...I wonder if there are enough DC fast chargers along the route to pull it off. 4 or 5 ~20 min stops?

I just looked at the ChargePoint map showing all DC fast chargers in the Northeast corridor between MD and MA. Just on casual inspection it looks to me like it's already covered well enough to pull it off as is.

It's 6 hours to Baltimore on Amtrak's Acela. If things worked out just right I could leave early in the morning and be home in time for supper.
These are interesting ideas. I didn't realize that the Spark was available in MD.

I live about 350 miles from MD. The Spark EV has about an 80 mile range, right? If it has the DC fast charging option...I wonder if there are enough DC fast chargers along the route to pull it off. 4 or 5 ~20 min stops?

>I just looked at the ChargePoint map showing all DC fast chargers in the Northeast corridor between MD and MA. Just on casual inspection it looks to me like it's already covered well enough to pull it off as is.

>>It's 6 hours to Baltimore on Amtrak's Acela. If things worked out just right I could leave early in the morning and be home in time for supper.
>Awesome ! And it will only be getting better along the coasts!
Look at the Kansas City area on Plugshare filtered for L2 and CCS/SAE and Free ! This is why I brought one to my area.
But no road trips for me. You are lucky and getting luckier. Only they are probably all for a fee, correct?

>> You won't be sorry! You might not even let your mom have it. She doesn't need an EV Speedster...

I don't know if the used one in MD has the DCFC option. I wouldn't consider one without it. It's the future!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.