GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
We purchased our Volt about 5 months ago and only just now have had to add some gasoline to the tank. Funny that I did not notice this before but the top half of the fuel door is not flush with the body of the car and sticks out about 2 mm.

It seems to me the door is made of plastic - I have tried gentle bending to reshape it but no luck. I'ts a very minor flaw but I guess it's time to talk to the dealer. Anyone else out there notice this small cosmetic fault?

·
Registered
127 Posts
We purchased our Volt about 5 months ago and only just now have had to add some gasoline to the tank. Funny that I did not notice this before but the top half of the fuel door is not flush with the body of the car and sticks out about 2 mm.

It seems to me the door is made of plastic - I have tried gentle bending to reshape it but no luck. I'ts a very minor flaw but I guess it's time to talk to the dealer. Anyone else out there notice this small cosmetic fault?

2018 LT here, my charge port door is off just a bit, probably 2mm also. gas door is fine, although I've only opened it once ;) Charge port daily...

·
Registered
15 Posts
My gas door also sticks out a lot more than it should. Let us know if your dealer does anything about it. My charge port door could be better but its acceptable.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Both of my doors are okay, but must be an intermittent issue during assembly if more than one car has the problem.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Welcome to Chevy build quality...

The fit and finish on this car is the worst I've seen since the 80s.

·
Registered
790 Posts
For metric averse Americans: 2 mm = 0.08 inches (For decimal averse Americans, that is 8/100 inches or eight one hundredths of an inch).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2018 and I am encountering fitment issues on both the charge door and the fuel door. The charge door is obviously something we all use regularly so it is quite noticeable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts