1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I just received from ChargePoint (emphasis is mine):
To: {PowerTrip}
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:53 PM
Subject: NA ChargePoint™ Network scheduled maintenance Saturday October 13 0100 UTC (Friday October 12 6:00pm PDT)

The North American segment of the ChargePoint™ Network will be under maintenance beginning Saturday October 13 0100 UTC (Friday October 12 6:00pm PDT) and lasting around six hours.

During this maintenance period, various network services will be affected in various ways:

• Drivers will always be able to use their ChargePoint Card to charge their cars. Ongoing charging sessions will not be interrupted. New sessions will be permitted.
  • Session status information – e.g. SMS notifications and driver portal updates – will be delayed on all stations until the end of our maintenance period.
  • Drivers without ChargePoint Cards will be unable to use contactless credit cards on any station, for the duration of our maintenance period.
  • The web portal, embedded maps, web services API, and mobile apps will be unavailable for the duration of our maintenance period.
  • Station reservations will be enforced if the reservation was placed before the start of our maintenance period.
  • Customer support capabilities will be limited on all stations. Our Customer Support Representatives will be unable to initiate sessions on behalf of drivers.
This work will be a major system upgrade, our scheduled rollout of ChargePoint 4.0. We’re excited to show you everything we’ve been working on!

Please contact [email protected] with any questions concerning this work.
--
Bob Sutterfield
Director, Network Operations
ChargePoint | www.chargepoint.com
Coulomb Technologies Inc | 1692 Dell Ave | Campbell CA 95008 | USA

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
No problem for me. I live in SoCal and I've never even SEEN one, much less used it. Shut it down for as long as you need to guys, LOL.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Noel: You're in So Cal and haven't seen any? I'm here, too, and use the ChargePoint chargers all the time. The ones I use are *free* and are at places like shopping centers/malls, office buildings, etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No problem for me. I live in SoCal and I've never even SEEN one, much less used it. Shut it down for as long as you need to guys, LOL.
Beverly Hills has 'em in their Public Parking structures!

My mother has a restaurant in BH that she LOVES, and when I meet her, I can park free for two hours, and now, I can plug my new 2013 Volt in, and grab about 10-15 miles of free charge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts