GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A person at my dealership told me that my car needed a recommended warranty repair for a "fuel door" problem. Has anyone heard of this? Is it the gasoline fuel door or the electric fuel door? What's wrong with it? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
568 Posts
He's probably referring to this: Service Update campaign # 34510 Fuel Door HPCM2 update 2017 Only

the fuel door on the 2017 is locked electrically, but it's push to open (just like the charge port) once it's unlocked. I haven't had any issues the one or two times I've had to put gas in it. It's one of those things where I wouldn't take it to the dealer *just* for that... if you are already there for something else then have them do the fix. Otherwise, not too much to worry about.

·
Registered
197 Posts
He's probably referring to this: Service Update campaign # 34510 Fuel Door HPCM2 update 2017 Only

the fuel door on the 2017 is locked electrically, but it's push to open (just like the charge port) once it's unlocked. I haven't had any issues the one or two times I've had to put gas in it. It's one of those things where I wouldn't take it to the dealer *just* for that... if you are already there for something else then have them do the fix. Otherwise, not too much to worry about.
Weird, If I remember correctly, my 2016 works the same way (electronically locked, and push to open). I wonder what makes it a 2017 only TSB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts