GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Volt is an absolute crapshoot on how and if my Android phone will connect. Works OK most of the time, but every once in a while it connects by itself, and at other times you can't make it connect no matter what. At times I will be driving along and all of a sudden Spotify starts playing in the car via my phone even though I touched absolutely nothing, Android Auto was not turned on nor the phone plugged into the USB. It doesn't show it running via bluetooth, in fact the display would seem to indicate te audio system is off (???). Then at times it may decide to shut Spotify off or drop a phone call. At other times I can't intentionally get Spotify to play via bluetooth or Android Auto, no matter what. I've changed both phones and USB cables and the problem still happens at unpredictable times. The inconsistent operation of the Infotainment system is my biggest complaint about the car. I have tried to be anal about how to connect things, doing it exactly the same every time. Doesn't always help. Add to it, my local dealer thinks any Chevy other than a pick-up truck is nothing more than a pain in their hind end. (i.e. they haven't helped).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve got the same problem with iOS if that makes you feel any better. Also, my dealer thinks the same. Silverado/Sierra or it’s junk.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here's my superstitious ritual for getting my S7 Edge to connect.

In Android Auto settings, auto launch is on, use bluetooth is off.

I wait for the chime indicating a bluetooth connection before connecting the usb cable.

Most of the time that works.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not helping you any.. But I must be extremely lucky.

I've had 3 different phones since buying my 2017, and they have all worked flawlessly with Bluetooth. And Android Auto too.. Though AA is super sensitive to the cable. I've had to replace the USB-C cable I used with my Pixel 2 and Pixel 3aXL a few times. The cables will charge, but eventually stop passing data, thus won't work with AA. They won't even work if I plug them into my laptop or desktop computer. Once the data connection starts getting flaky, AA will stop connecting easily. New cable solves the problem instantly.

USB-C is either very fragile, or I guess I should stop buying cheap convenience store cables :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts