GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a previous post I showed my slightly re-sized front license plate, inspired by an earlier post on this forum. Recently a friend said "is that license plate bent"??.... Well, yes. So I immediately set about to fix this glaring defect by using the stock bracket heavily modified. (sectioned, trimmed and inverted) I like the stock-but corrected-appearance and I note that the visible area of the plate is identical to what is visible when a dealer frame is installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
I actually think the bent look is better. The above is very clean looking, however.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nicely done. Looking forward to your future improvements.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My 'Bent Plate

I like the bent look better, too. (I copied the idea from Timoshev's first license plate post. Photo was taken to show how the "mid-sized" spare looked when mounted on right front -- it leans slightly. Mid-sized spare is 195/45R16 on a Sonic 6 in. wide 16 inch wheel -- roughly same diameter as donut, but twice as wide.)

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
So do you remove the stock holder, then trim to make it thinner, and invert?...wasn't there holes in the painted upper bar from the original screws? Looks great btw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts