GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Volt out of state and it had no front license plate bracket. My state (WI) requires one. GM wants $32 and change. Ebay has one called a "flexy frame", and other generic, presumably non-flexible, frames. Any suggestions for which to buy--GM, flexy, or it doesn't matter, it's going to look ugly anyway.

·
Registered
2013 Volt
1,544 Posts
The genuine bracket has a profile on the edge that matches the the profile of the Volt:
bracket.jpg

The Flexy frame appears not to have the profile -- just a plain frame. I see the genuine article on Ebay for $19.95 and I think that is the same price as the Flexy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
resisted installing front plate until cited for speeding, officer reminded me that Washington state requires one so Velcro is my solution.
Car wash folks remove it before going thru the wash system. No frame and follows the front facia contour.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My dealer could not find mine and was going to charge $40 for a new one. I remember when the sales person was showing me where the charge cable was kept I saw it under the floor, where the first aid kit should be

·
Registered
107 Posts
Don't let them drill thru your bumper!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts