GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2014 Volt for 6 weeks. Great car so far. However this morning the collision warning light did not appear in my dash (safety pack 2). I turned the car off and back on , no luck. Hit the switch on the steering wheel , no luck. Anyone with any ideas. It's still under warranty until 2/17.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have had my 2014 Volt for 6 weeks. Great car so far. However this morning the collision warning light did not appear in my dash (safety pack 2). I turned the car off and back on , no luck. Hit the switch on the steering wheel , no luck. Anyone with any ideas. It's still under warranty until 2/17.
Try it again later, after it has been off for a while. Some times one of the sub-routines of the computer program simply don't start one time. Just turning it off then back on will not always get it to start up, the car needs to go completely asleep to get a full restart. On my 2013, I saw this same problem a couple of times in the 3 years that I had it (not enough for a dealer visit).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. It was working on the way home normally. It might have hiccuped or I was looking at it when there wasn't a car in front of me. What I did learn is that there are 4 settings that are engaged by pushing the button on the steering wheel. Each press reduces the distance until the last push turns it off.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a 2014 Volt too. Sometimes I notice that it stops tracking cars ahead of me. It's usually only for a short while. IE: Sun glare obstructs the view, or the lanes swerve slightly. You'll also need to make sure the windshield is clean. I think you might still get collision alerts based on the forward parking sensors even if the camera is not tracking a car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts