GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I bought my Volt, the car dealership had a special offer to pay state taxes. I paid $21,000 for my $44,000 Volt with taxes paid, so if I factor in state taxes, my effective purchase price should be adjusted to just under $19,000 before taxes. This is almost no different from people borrowing to drive a new car now instead of waiting until I saved the money to buy it later. I would challenge all forum members with purchasing power cards to prove me wrong and buy their next car without points or rebates. But they didn't give me a receipt to reassure myself and use Paystub Generator | The Best Checkstub Maker Online in USA since I needed the guarantees.

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
When I bought my Volt, the car dealership had a special offer to pay state taxes. I paid $21,000 for my $44,000 Volt with taxes paid, so if I factor in state taxes, my effective purchase price should be adjusted to just under $19,000 before taxes. This is almost no different from people borrowing to drive a new car now instead of waiting until I saved the money to buy it later. I would challenge all forum members with purchasing power cards to prove me wrong and buy their next car without points or rebates. But they didn't give me a receipt to reassure myself and use Paystub Generator | The Best Checkstub Maker Online in USA since I needed the guarantees.
Why would I buy my next card without the GM Card rebate if I have it? I too paid $21k for my $44k Volt in 2013. Sadly, new Volts are no longer for sale. No matter, I’m saving my pennies for a Lyriq.

·
Registered
599 Posts
And here I am paying $12,800 for a used 2017 LT with 42K miles when I should have bought it new for almost free!
I was just offered $16K for it from the same dealership where I bought the car but I didn't take the offer. I could have driven 20K miles and gotten paid $2000 (after taking out sales taxes of course) Coincidentally they are selling similar 2017 LT for $19K. Hmmm I wonder how they came up with that figure. :unsure:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts