GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting random messages in the DIC stating that the forward collision system is unavailable. It seems to happen at various speeds and traffic conditions and I can't seem to find a reason that triggers it. If I turn off the system it won't come back on for a few minutes. If I can't duplicate the issue the dealership won't be able to either. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I don't have the feature, but do a search on the forums for your symptoms. Most likely, it's an issue with the forward-looking camera unable to see through your windshield (clean it!) or the sensors in your front bumper can't see forward (clean them!).

If that doesn't work, other threads will definitely help with actual problems with the hardware supporting forward collision warning.

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
First check for dirty/obscured sensors, camera.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't have this in my gen 2, but I do have it in my gen 1. I got a camera unavailable error about a month ago during the middle of a drive. No rain or anything, just a clear morning. I stopped at a gas station, cut the car off, cleaned the windshield with their window scrubby things, and I haven't seen that error again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts