GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier
72 Posts
This tax credit is real, and it expires on Dec 31st. Both charger equipment and installation costs are eligible for the 30% credit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Also want to add that the H&R Block software does NOT have this form. I had to request a refund after buying the software and them verifying that their product does not include it. Ended up going with TurboTax, which has it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes I've used this form to make claims in 2 different years (2 different chargers), I think one of those years the form wouldn't calculate correctly in TurboTax or TaxSlayer so I filed paper and it went through just fine - was worth waiting a bit longer to get the money from the 8911 credit.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Note that it is subject to the Alternative Minimums Tax calculation. You may or may not get the credit. Fortunately the credit for the car itself is not subject to AMT.

·
Registered
60 Posts
And if you were like me, and got it the same year as your Volt, and had no taxes, you do not get the credit. You only get it if you have taxes to pay, which I did not due to the $7,500 credit.

//KMac

1 - 7 of 7 Posts