1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
20,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
316 Posts
The article has great pics and high adventure and then...poots out at the end.

The 1/4 mile time is estimated, not measured and the author and driver of the car came up with different estimations of the 1/4 mile time and speed and the author just sort of trails off about it....

Quite an achievement nonetheless and the passion is evident...

·
Administrator
20,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it would interest the "need for speed" freaks as well as those who may see themselves as a new breed of high tech "shade tree" mechanics. :)

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
All these track show downs are fun if of limited usefulness. Ultimately the limiting factor is going to be tires and suspensions. I still think the big question still is: How fast can you get these guys around a track. Straight line is one thing. A few corners another.

Pretty nice for a $200,000 car.
Should be able to reduce the price by selling ZEV credits. :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
All these track show downs are fun if of limited usefulness. Ultimately the limiting factor is going to be tires and suspensions. I still think the big question still is: How fast can you get these guys around a track. Straight line is one thing. A few corners another.

Should be able to reduce the price by selling ZEV credits. :)
ROFLMAO ;-)
It is really fun to see what can be done with electric motors.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
That Zombie may be faster, but can it carry seven passengers and a week's worth of shopping in a frunk, then charge in a home garage with a Level 2 EVSe? No, it can't.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That Zombie may be faster, but can it carry seven passengers and a week's worth of shopping in a frunk, then charge in a home garage with a Level 2 EVSe? No, it can't.
Not yet anyways... I'll impressed when someone breaks the 500 mile range on batteries only and is an AWD SUV...

·
Registered
273 Posts
The article has great pics and high adventure and then...poots out at the end.

The 1/4 mile time is estimated, not measured and the author and driver of the car came up with different estimations of the 1/4 mile time and speed and the author just sort of trails off about it....

Quite an achievement nonetheless and the passion is evident...
You can calculate the 1/4 mile time from the 1/8 mile time and get REAL close....kind of like using the H/P formula of weight-E/T to calculate the RWHP. Close enough for gov't work.

·
Registered
273 Posts
ROFLMAO ;-)
It is really fun to see what can be done with electric motors.
Every kid who ever raced a slot car in the 1960's can tell you!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
You can calculate the 1/4 mile time from the 1/8 mile time and get REAL close....kind of like using the H/P formula of weight-E/T to calculate the RWHP. Close enough for gov't work.
I get that Mike, but....no word that there even was an 1/8 mile time and estimations are just that. "N" number of estimations usually means an equal number of different answers. And that is the beauty of the quarter mile...it's a great yardstick for performance (in a straight line). A measured distance, a way to start, an accurate enough timing system and you get the results pretty quickly, no estimation required. I've seen it everywhere from the old Orange County International Raceway (the first Supertrack) to the airport road leading to the dump on St. Croix, USVI. The quarter mile is universal and a near Platonic form. An estimation, well, at best it's an informed opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts