GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
GM also reclaimed title from Toyota of number 1 sales...

But, I'd rather be number 1000th as long as I am making huge profit than to be number 1 but taking huge losses.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think the reason why auto manufacturers don't want to congregate on one location is the repeatition of Detroit, MI. The muncipality chooses to increase their risk by building and expanding (spending recklessly) since their reasoning was that the auto industry is a sustainable industry.

If all the auto manufacturers expands to different states, it would eliminate problems for the municipality. By the way, a new mayor or town manager may not know enough of what's going on to make decisions, so, moving and spreading out is good.

EDIT: 2008?

·
Registered
66 Posts
High persistant, lengthy unemployment / underemployment for starters. Stagnant wages, higher food, energy, and just living costs. Oh, and the skyrocketing student loans on many families in the U.S. Economic pressures, uncertainty and a ballooning govt deficits also deflate consumers appetite for new vehicle purchases.

I know, I wish I had more positive news to share. I see and hear so many middle class families finding it more difficult to try to get ahead with their finances.

Hopefully, nicer weather will help increase the buying of new vehicles.

EvVolt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts