GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just signed a 3 year lease on a focus electric for my wife to replace her Prius. I couldn't pass up a $12,000 incentive. $330 per month with $0 down. I would have gotten another volt, but my wife didn't want two of the same car, and she typically drives around 50 miles. I have seen some volt fans on the focus site, but no mention of the focus here.

The volt will now become our long distance car.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Is that 12K from Ford or just the regular 7500 + other local state incentives?

Did you pick it up yet or is it on order?

If we get a BEV, I'd much rather buy an American unit than Chevy's imported Spark EV. Plus, the Focus EV would be larger than the Spark EV.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post us the update how far it can go on one charge. I am thinking of another car a pure EV.
Will do. It is being shipped. I think from California. The $12,000 is fords incentive to move out 2012 to make room for 2013 which can be ordered now. Purchase has a $2000 rebate. On the lease, ford keeps the $7500 federal credit. A $6000 Colorado credit applies only if I buy it at the end of the lease. Made in America played a part in the choice. Even though the leaf will be made in the US, the profits still go to Japan.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Congratulations! Let us know of your experiences with the electric Focus; we're all ears :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
This is awesome more electric vehicles driving on the road! Great price too! I an hoping GM comes up with a convertable sports car with the Volt power train. Camaro convertable, Corvette???

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi all. I just signed a 3 year lease on a focus electric for my wife to replace her Prius. I couldn't pass up a $12,000 incentive. $330 per month with $0 down.
Congratulations!

I just left The Grove, here in Los Angeles, and a Ford Focus Electric was parked in the EV spot next to mine. First one that I can recall seeing "in the metal", and it looked very nice!

I'd love to hear a comparison from an owner of both....

Enjoy your new electric car! (I'm glad when anyone buys ANY electric car! The more EV's on the road, the more demand for infrastructure, and the more likely auto makers will continue to advance development on EV's....)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After one week with the focus I thought I would update you all with my observations so far.

There is some torque steer, but I like it. Just a little added pressure on the steering wheel keeps it going straight. You can hear the front wheels on the edge of slipping wheen flooring it.

Having room for 5 is nice. I got a new bike in a big box that just fit into the back of the volt. It also just fit into the back of the focus, but the Volt had more vertical room to spare.

The gauges on the focus give more real time information about the current draw of the ac/heat, other, propulsion than the volt. There are a few tinkerer goodies. You can hook up an AV device to display on the 8 inch center console. You can upload pictures to use as a background. The HD radio can tag a song that you like for later purchase. There is a pause button so that you can record, listen later to 45 minutes of whatever is playing. The bluetooth streaming just works. (I did manage to get it to work on the Volt by installing the btmono app on my phone.)

Today I drove 40 miles in the volt, and used .2 gallons of gas because it was cold. I charged at the library for an hour while I went into the grocery store (my range was 35 because of the cold). In the focus I would not have used any gas at all.

We are selling the Prius, so the volt will become our long distance car. The Focus will be used for trips up to 80 miles on warm days, 50 miles on cold days.

The interior on the Focus feels like a Ford. Comfortable and soft, but not as exotic as the Volt.

Feel free to ask specific questions. I love both of them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What do you think of the Analog speedometer? I really like digital and can't figure out why ford decided to dominate that center display like that.

Also, what is the Navigation like? Do you have Navigation? Both dealers I went to wouldn't let me use it (it was "uninstalled").

1 - 10 of 10 Posts