GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like Bronco is back - https://www.ford.com/bronco/?intcmp=hp-bb-brncobrand

Definately like the side view of the 4-door model.

Let's see if they bring those to Finland. However my guess would be that it's equipped with some 3+litre petrol engine with CO2 of small coal plant which would put the car tax to around 200-300% of the car price in here and make it non viable for market (unless converted to 2 seat heavy truck with speed limiter and tachograph to avoid the tax).

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Seems like Bronco is back - https://www.ford.com/bronco/?intcmp=hp-bb-brncobrand

Let's see if they bring those to Finland. However my guess would be that it's equipped with some 3+litre petrol engine with CO2 of small coal plant which would put the car tax to around 200-300% of the car price in here and make it non viable for market (unless converted to 2 seat heavy truck with speed limiter and tachograph to avoid the tax).
Since I've read it's based on the Ranger, my guess is the US version will have the 2.3 L turbo. Whatever, I expect whatever tax rate goes on a Jeep Wrangler would be applicable to the Bronco.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.3l petrol is not available for Ranger in here, it only comes with diesel due to co2.

2.0DCi with 213hp & automatic list decent 245 g/km co2 (0.87 pounds/mile) and with that it only gets 26k€ co2 tax over 45k€ car (60% car value). So if they fit the car with it it's still "doable" but we're talking about 80000USD for the car. Then it gets yearly car + diesel tax of 1100€. (Fully equipped Tesla Model 3 performance gets 1k€ co2 tax, costs 75kUSD and pays 100€/year)

Given the average for new cars is around 30000USD it would be rare sight on the road.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
A shoe box with wheels is what I see, but styling is subjective.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm sorry, but whenever I hear Bronco, the first thing that comes to mind is the infamous OJ Bronco police chase. Which is probably the direct cause of Ford canceling the Bronco back then.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A shoe box with wheels is what I see, but styling is subjective.
Shoebox form provides function thus it's pretty. And with that form it's more pleasing to look out from the car than to look at the car, which would be the main point in such comparison.

And that form also brings back the memories like driving into middle of forest to cut the Christmas tree and hook it to roof rails, hauling moose out of forest, digging the car out from the swamp, etc. Although these are from Jeeps/Land Cruisers and would be proxy for the Bronco.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It's been revealed.... and I like it. 2.3 and 2.7 Ecoboost engines, and...... 7 speed manual transmission🤩

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
441 Posts
Looks like Nissan has their electric SUV getting ready to compete, though it looks more like a boulevard cruiser than a mountain bruiser.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts